Show me your chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
s-l1600 (1).jpg Auto oiler on bar with hollow pto shaft and hole at center of sprocket--advanced technology !! Cast iron sleeve--brass float carb set at 45 degrees between vertical and horizontal-dual triggers for bucking and felling-push button kill switch--note handles are not the cheap flimsey alluminum but made out of thick walled steel.A boy carried this saw into the woods to cut trees down. A tired but happy sawdust covered man carried it home. 28 Lbs.

1230150842-01.jpg XL-12---Note the long black guard on bottom of bow. have only seen this 1..Rare?? anybody else. This saw was thrown away-picked up by coworker and received by me-runs good needs carb kit--I like the bows:sweet:

0827161658-03.jpg The sears--Start it-shove dogs in wood --WOT and hang on with both hands--Make sure all women,children and small wood land creatures stand away. 1st time cutting I could not believe how wide the kerf was or the size of chips or the pile it makes on just 1 cut!!! Slow-steady-loud--I really like cutting with it. Uncle David did a demo cutting with this saw and a xl 12 bow for 9 neices-nephews-relatives outside my parents house-they liked it.Funny -my 85 year old dad sitting in side house-hearing gone from 35 years industrial arts teacher-loud machinery.. Get through and come inside--He says I heard your saws out there--They sounded good!!! Made my day.He taught me a lot--------

Does anyone carry insurance on their saw collection, or does the homeowners policy cover them? Course know a few of these aren't replaceable, but was wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone carry insurance on their saw collection, or does the homeowners policy cover them? Course know a few of these aren't replaceable, but was wondering.

I too, am curious about that, because I have some saws that aren't really super rare and worth a fortune, but I have never seen others for sale to compare prices on.

Yea, some of these are quite valuable.

I know that when mine were stolen, that I was reimbursed under the homeowners policy, but the MS-362 was a newer saw that I'd had a receipt on, and received full purchase price for it. The other saws were reimbursed for what I valued them at, but all told was less than $100. I didn't get an actual replacement cost for those.

I guess for the older stuff, if you had a bill of sale for a used one they might reimburse for that price, but with so little info on pricing, would have some concern of the insurance adjuster seriously under valuing a larger collection.

stoked for you that you built a 660. stoked you have a 90cc saw. a little insulted by the OEM badge on the AM saw though ;) i remember a time everyone on AS wanted the chinese to be banned from selling international for AM junk saws. now it seems accepted? i haven't built one out of AM parts but i built one out of mostly AM parts and i thought it was great for the money. i don't know why but the OEM badge on the AM saw makes me sick lol just do me a favour and never try sell it as an OEM saw like some people.

I couldn't agree more.

I think our generation is missing the mark a little bit. I miss seeing my ol' grandpa driving around in his old Chevy truck.... proud as he was to drive American steel.

I will pay extra for quality made tools, and if I can't afford new I'll buy used. I refuse to give my money to these rip off artists.

The '65 served me well until I needed to drive it a lot. I got tired of hearing the old six drone along at 65 mph, its max cruising speed and those tiny brakes, the non powered steering, all the good old stuff.
After 5 years and 11k miles, it was traded for a '66 Ranchero, it was Fairlane based and was the last year for Falcon Rancheros. It had a hopped up 289, I terrorized two counties weekly with it for 3 years, sold recently to a tenacious person who chased me from Eureka all the way to Crescent City, they had cash for what I asked for it. My next one will be a touch newer, disc brakes, a/c, 351 or better.

The '65 served me well until I needed to drive it a lot. I got tired of hearing the old six drone along at 65 mph, its max cruising speed and those tiny brakes, the non powered steering, all the good old stuff.
After 5 years and 11k miles, it was traded for a '66 Ranchero, it was Fairlane based and was the last year for Falcon Rancheros. It had a hopped up 289, I terrorized two counties weekly with it for 3 years, sold recently to a tenacious person who chased me from Eureka all the way to Crescent City, they had cash for what I asked for it. My next one will be a touch newer, disc brakes, a/c, 351 or better.

Nice cars! Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts

Back