first day of the bg haul with pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will definently take a while to sort thru and see what is actually there. Better have a bunch of space to do it in. If you find a big Echo saw buried in there let me know.

I'm eyeballing that big McCulloch binder, and am interested in seeing what NOS and good used Homelite, McCulloch, Poulan, or old Husky parts you have. Also wondering what other McCulloch, Poulan, or Homelite manuals and such you have. I suggest you don't let folks call 'dibs'..........but instead catalog things and post for sale listings in the classifieds section.:popcorn:

I have gotten a bunch of PMs and requests for details, pics, etc. I will try to keep up as best I can :)
As a quick beg, if anybody has the dealer cheat sheet that lists the first four digits of the part number with the saw that the part fits, I would be very greatful for a copy, I left mine sitting on the bench at the shop, and probably won't have time to return till next weekend. It would come in handy for all the larger pieces that the shop owner knew by heart so didn't have to label.

As soon as I get set up as a site sponsor I will start listing stuff, don't want to step on any toes. In the meantime feel free to ask about stuff, but realize I wont be selling for a few daysish.
I am planning on getting rid of 99.9% of this haul, you can assume if it's not Stihl and you see it in a pic it is for sale. If it IS Stihl, well its probably for sale.
I am hoping to avoid too severe a case of SAS (saw acquisition syndrome) as I already suffer from several other hobbies :)

I have stacks of chainsaw manuals and microfiche for Stihl (a metric sh*t ton), Mcculloch (1/2 ton), pioneer/partner, poulan, sears, john deer, husky
I have manuals for all of these brands for anyone interested, I would ask only for return shipping after you get them - briggs n Stratton, kohler (giant bunch o heavy binders), techumsah, wheel horse, ariens, lawn boy, miscellaneous smaller tractors, snow blowers, mowers, 2 cycle stuff etc., Yardman, yazoo. If you are a collector of some brand shoot me a Pm and I will check before shipping the whole batch off or trashing it.

There is a pretty good stack of cool early 50s and 60s full color glossy ad slicks I will probably put up on the bay, I am guessing they might sell pretty well, very nostalgia cool.

If somebody is looking for a specific part for a chainsaw I listed as having parts for , a pic would be helpful as my son and I are pretty much newbies to parts stuff and a picture is easier and quicker than looking things up in parts manuals.

By request pics to follow of: mac 790, 3-25, husky 44 parts, stihl parts for 041,045,056,075,076
Dave

Freakin awesome!!:rock:
Your livin many members dreams!
Good luck with the pickin and keep the pics coming!!

I won't blow up your pm box like the rest of these greedy vultures...

I'll ask right here!
I'd be interested in any larger P series Pioneer or 655 Poulan stuff. :D

PICS AS PROMISED

husky 44 parts
IMG_2185_zps68f8ea03.jpg

IMG_2186_zpse3832fd8.jpg

IMG_2190_zpsdc07b5c2.jpg

IMG_2191_zpsba0e54f7.jpg

IMG_2192_zpsea2f966e.jpg

Husky Literature
IMG_2196_zps0765b343.jpg

IMG_2197_zpse72bb494.jpg

IMG_2198_zpsf5cdb81f.jpg

Any small gas engine stuff? I teach a small engine class at the HS level and would love some new material. Briggs a and Stratton or anything else like that?
Thanks!

Hey! how about setting up a date for an AS members only garage sale.:clap::clap::clap:

That might be fun, I need to get the entire mess/lot/haul/gold mine to my place first. Wonder how many people would travel to Columbus, Ohio for this on a Saturday or maybe a Sunday afternoon, maybe a cookout.
I'm sure 20 guys running around with chainsaws wouldn't scare my neighbors, they are used to me :)
Dave

First off, WOW. That is frickin awesome!

It's going to take you months to sort through all of that. You might want to separate it into like models and list parts lot grab bags rather than catalog everything in an effort to save time. But...

If you come across a front handle for a Homelite 7-29, I'll take it.

Also, can you post some better pictures of your non chainsaw manuals?

That might be fun, I need to get the entire mess/lot/haul/gold mine to my place first. Wonder how many people would travel to Columbus, Ohio for this on a Saturday or maybe a Sunday afternoon, maybe a cookout.
I'm sure 20 guys running around with chainsaws wouldn't scare my neighbors, they are used to me :)
Dave

:clap:

I would be willing to make the trip...

Yes I would be totally down with that kind of garage sale, it sounds like my dream. :msp_wub:

When you get to that point, I would certainly be interested in any McCulloch parts if you find some.

Take your time and enjoy the discovery. You may want to look into some commercial type software to help you with the cataloging process. I made up some excel spread sheets for my parts but it is not a friendly way to keep track of things.

Mark

Bet you would be surprise at how many members would make the trip to root thru that stuff.

Latest posts

Back