CAD crazy What a day Macs Stihls Pioneers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vibes

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
OK I got to settle down here. My day starts off normal enough. I go down to the flea market at 7 to see if the guy with the old Mac was there that I wrote about 2 weeks ago, and he is there with the saw. He says he got it running and he fires it up, and tells me he'll let it go for $50. SOLD! I get it home, and clean off bottom where leeha told me to look, and its a 1-52. It has a small crack in clutch cover, and one in filter cover, but over all, doesn't look to have been used much. There is still factory paint on the bar and not very much worn off the bottom. Its missing a rubber grip near trigger end, but has the full wrap bar, and the rubber isolator patches at handle bar mounts are like new. I'm Happy.

I get on the pute and go to Craigs List. Top of the farm and garden page are 2 Stihl chainsaws for parts. CLICK. Its an 041 AV, and an 031 AV. $30 each. They look real clean in the pictures and I call the guy. He says he doesn't know much about them, they were his dads. I say I want to see them, and of course there in a storage building somewhere, and the guy says he wants to make sure I'm not d#%@king him around and wants to be sure I want them. I say I want them and tell him to mark them sold. We get to talken, and he tells me his dad and brother were hoarders and he has a small wharehouse packed with tools and there going to be sold. I ask him if he has a trash pump, and he says he does. A Homelite. He asks me why I want one and I tell him with all this rain I need it for a job. Turns out the guy does concrete, and I need a sub for the job I'm on right now. He' says he'll give me a price, and bring saws and pump with him tommorrow. He deleted the add. Sounds good.

Next I click on the tool page. Halfway down is an add Chainsaw $75. It says Pioneer chainsaw good shape and had a grainy cell phone picture. I respond and the guy calls me. He don't know how big it is but he says it runs good and is clean. He's not far so off I go. Turns out to be a Farmlite, and when he said clean, he should have said like new. There can't be 10 hours on this saw.

Off I go with it. Stop at a yard sale on the way home, and just missed a sweet looking John Deere Echo for $25. I saw the guy loading it in his car and didn't even want to know what I missed. I wish I could get pictures on here
and may be I'll try after I get the 2 Stilhs.

This stuff is getting out of hand, but I know I'm OK. I turned away from a real sweet looking Homelite SXL 925 cut off saw, a good running but well used Husky 575 with a 28'' bar, and a Wards Remington Mighty Mite.

Latest posts

Back