Show off your crummys!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crummy cred. i've prob have seen that truck more than once. local outfitt it is from. been looking for a 3/4 ton IH travleall 4x4 for the muesum , but i think all the ones that had crummy cred are all gone the way of so much of the equipment .

Fraser talk to the IHSTO folks (IHC club that does stuff at the Antique Powerland). I'll bet somebody there can hook you up with a Travelall or Travelette for the museum.

Keep the Yota Ron......never thought I'd say that, but I am a convert.

I hear you. I love the durability of the old Toyotas. Mine could easily be going when I'm not - which brings me to my primary motivation - there is a lot of emotional attachment to the Toyota which will be especially difficult for my oldest daughter if the Toyota has to be dealt with without me. To keep the Toyota, it will eventually need repairs that will cost more than it is worth and that don't make economic sense unless kept for a long time which brings me full circle. We will see. Ron

PS If you could drive a new pickup in the woods without doing $1500 in body damage and if you could turn it around in less than 40 acres, I probably would have bought a four door pickup.

I would show off my crummy buuuttttt........ it pretty well crummy lol. 325,000 miles later and still ticking. It runs like a scalded dog but looks like one with mange.

I would show off my crummy buuuttttt........ it pretty well crummy lol. 325,000 miles later and still ticking. It runs like a scalded dog but looks like one with mange.

That's not unusual with 'real' crummys. Well the dog with mange look isn't unusual anyways. Running like a scalded dog (rather than a whipped mule) is unusual however...:laugh:

It runs fairly well with the chip and a few other mods. I even named the mouse thats in the cab. Roofus lol

I hear you. I love the durability of the old Toyotas. Mine could easily be going when I'm not - which brings me to my primary motivation - there is a lot of emotional attachment to the Toyota which will be especially difficult for my oldest daughter if the Toyota has to be dealt with without me. To keep the Toyota, it will eventually need repairs that will cost more than it is worth and that don't make economic sense unless kept for a long time which brings me full circle. We will see. Ron

PS If you could drive a new pickup in the woods without doing $1500 in body damage and if you could turn it around in less than 40 acres, I probably would have bought a four door pickup.

I vote keep the 'yota. The repairs may not make economic sense against the resale value but how about against the replacement value? I have about 12 grand into my Laughlin crummy, she's still a $4000 truck at best. Go to the stealership and you're at $60,000 to replace it with the equivolant XLT Lariat crew cab 4x4 diesel. I will bet you the 56 thousand dollar difference that the brand new truck won't be able to run down a nasty rutted up road like my 22 year old veteran crummy can, without payments attached to it.

I vote keep the 'yota. The repairs may not make economic sense against the resale value but how about against the replacement value? I have about 12 grand into my Laughlin crummy, she's still a $4000 truck at best. Go to the stealership and you're at $60,000 to replace it with the equivolant XLT Lariat crew cab 4x4 diesel. I will bet you the 56 thousand dollar difference that the brand new truck won't be able to run down a nasty rutted up road like my 22 year old veteran crummy can, without payments attached to it.

yup. replacement value, thats the business end.

Keep the Yota Ron......never thought I'd say that, but I am a convert.

thats what us toyota snobs were wondering about when you said you were looking for a nissan. Now that diesel nissan, waay different story.

I also picked up a brand new Knack job box at an auction for $100 thats going on the flat bed too. Im going to remove the casters and bolt it directly to the bed

Those old Yotas all seem to rust in the same place on the bed, don't they?:laugh:

Seems to be about the only issue with the dang things, and I can live with that. Beats a payment anyhow. I think I'm gonna do a little surgery and patching on this one and give it a fresh rattle can job. For the miles, I'm gonna hang on to this one for a while.

Hope all's well John

Keepin' on, man. Thanks. Yeah heck, with only 130k on the clock, that engine's just getting broke in. Good find!:msp_thumbup:

Even a blind squirrel in a snowstorm finds an acorn once in a while....story of my life...:laugh:

Seems to be about the only issue with the dang things, and I can live with that. Beats a payment anyhow. I think I'm gonna do a little surgery and patching on this one and give it a fresh rattle can job. For the miles, I'm gonna hang on to this one for a while.

I'm patching up Nissan right now, got blisters everywhere. Well, I could always buy a proper pair of welding gloves and a full face mask, but I'm cheap. It's hell of a job, but as Sam put it, beats making payments on something you'll not be able to sell after a couple of seasons.

I'm patching up Nissan right now, got blisters everywhere. Well, I could always buy a proper pair of welding gloves and a full face mask, but I'm cheap. It's hell of a job, but as Sam put it, beats making payments on something you'll not be able to sell after a couple of seasons.

Put up some pics when you're done Sam, that's a great truck you've got.

- Sam

Hey Sam, are those old Centennial plates you're rockin' on the 4runner?

They were out of MLA plates when I licensed it, and that's what they gave me as the standard plate...Not sure what the deal is, but I'd been wondering why I was seeing so many people all of a sudden with the old plates.

View attachment 288089View attachment 288090

Summer saw rig......Those North Carolina bugs would probably pack you right out of this thing Joe..:laugh:

People are WAYYY TOO PROUD of those Toyotas... I wanted one like that but all I could find was a 3500 dollar hunk of rust that had already been molested by a clutch slipping dip spitting teenager. No thanks...

Back