Show us your rack

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine are in my avatar but I like yours so much I'm gonna switch all of em to what you have going on. Thanks

Thank you.
This just evolved from what you are doing. And I still stage firewood between trees where I cut just like that.
All I had to buy was 2 of the posts and the ridge cap. The rest was scraps, repurposed or leftovers.

my setup:

each one holds roughly a 1/4 of a cord. I refill them from the stacks as I go through it. First year burning, made it out of stuff I had laying around.

Those are some very nice firewood racks. I made one out of pallets today it's not close to being pic worthy. It holds about 1 3/4 cord of wood.

They're empty right now, but I'm trying these this year. I've built 5 and plan to build a handful more to see how they work. Planning on getting forks for the tractor this spring and hopefully I can move these when full without an issue. They're small, only hold about 1/6 cord, but if they work I'll build a bunch. It will allow me to set them out in the sun and wind and move them in closer in the fall. Then move 3 at a time right up under the overhang on my family room where the stove is.
image.jpeg

They're empty right now, but I'm trying these this year. I've built 5 and plan to build a handful more to see how they work. Planning on getting forks for the tractor this spring and hopefully I can move these when full without an issue. They're small, only hold about 1/6 cord, but if they work I'll build a bunch. It will allow me to set them out in the sun and wind and move them in closer in the fall. Then move 3 at a time right up under the overhang on my family room where the stove is.
View attachment 490559
This is the kind of plan that I am trying to develope as a permanent drying rack that's too far from the stove involves to many moving cycles. I might steal your design. I love the roof !
Keep us posted on how these work out.

Yes, pallets are a great cheap, off the ground storage device. They get used for anything we don't want wet or frozen down come winter, extra tractor buckets.... and keep the wood dry.

Every thing in those stacks would be closer to 46's as I cut them just short of 4ft for my OWB.

I also made a wood crib out out pallets, 1 side for splits and the other for cut offs and kibbles, just doesn't look so pretty though.

IMG_0029.JPG

0324151930b.jpg

Latest posts

Back