Show Your Rooster Tails

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Cahoon

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here's a picture on the dock at the Albany Timber Carnival on the 4th of July, 1996. The chips were flying. Post your best Rooster Tails, boys! By the way, that's a Tommy Fales chain cutting the hard Doug fir. Just got a new scanner, and will try to compete with Gypo for the most posts. I understand he's limited by his technology. Evidently, he colors them all by hand with crayons and markers. Really pretty impressive when you think about it.
Dennis
P.S. I sure hope I know how to make this work or it might make Jon's crayons look pretty good.

Hi Dennis, you better sharpen your crayons, that was more painful than trying to download one of Marky Barks pictures.
Try this, if you have Adobe Photo shop, open it, click on file, then import, then epson twain 5. It will scan the image and it will show on adobe. Having done that, click on image and reduce to 800x600 click ok, then click image again, then adjustments and change brightness- contrast if needed, then click file and save as.
Doug Babcock tutered me thru all this over the phone after he sent me out to buy an Epson 1600. He has a photographic memory and I am sure he wouldn't mind helping you either, even though he tried to slander you when you first appeared here, but you cant really blame him though.
John

Here's a shot of me back in the day "old school" I'm on the left telling everyone what to do. Fish gave me a five minute disortation and I ran with it.
Lambert and Cahoon working the saw with Stihl Magnum and Ryan Willock working the ol' timber jacks.

Gypo, Here's a Picture of Your Oroville Sweetheart

Jon,
The girl you hooked up with when you were out here in California is looking for you. I guess you were the first for her in a very long time, and now that she's had you, she wants you back. We didn't think you were that drunk that day, but from the looks of her, you must have been.
Dennis
P.S. I really am trying hard to put these picures on in a veiwable format, but this is what a third grade education gets you. I'll keep trying to get it right.

Honda 500 Springfield, Oregon

I hope this one is not as painful to down load as the last two were. I might need one on one tutoring on how to reduce these.
This was a 36 inch cut in 5.5 seconds in Doug fir. This was my old 500.
Dennis

Deaver/Arias 496 on Alcohol

Chainsaws make wimpy roostertails. Here's a picture of me making a real roostertail in Chandler, Arizona back in 1995. Did 5.47 sec. through 1320 feet of water.

No more Photoshop or camera advice. Figure it out on your own like I did.

Jon Here's A Better Picture of Her

Jon,
Sorry! We're practicing our scanning skills. Definately Rookies!!!
Dennis

Jon,
I invited RupeDoggy and your dad over for a weekend of chainsaw testing and fire wood cutting. They tried to load it directly into my truck, and look what happened. We're getting about $160 a cord, we didn't break even.
Dennis

sasquash sighting

Jon& Marky, This is a rare picture of a California virgin white-butted baby Sasquash. Only known photo ever taken.I will soon sell this rare photo on E-bay to recover costs for losses incurred to my truck during firewood cutting weekend. (See previous post)Get your bids in early. Dennis

Hi Dennis "Tiny", was my first true love, but alas, all good things come to an end and she dumped me for my dad Phil. Please give her my number. She is so fine, and young and mellow and tender.
Tell my lil sugar plum I forgive her for hitting me over the head with that frying pan.
John

rotflmao.gif

dude.gif

dude.gif

dancin.gif

Dennis, you're no fun at all. Here's a real good one of your mentor that's been posted before. Just for posting this, I'll have to slander him doubley in the future.

Back