Sick of ash??? Gettin there :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if you guys have split ash in the winter, but you can look at it and it falls apart. Barely tap with maul and it splits! Do cord n half a day easy and two really isn't all that bad. 54 cord since x mas. And really it hasn't been that hard. And believe me, I'm no wood splittin animal :)

60? That's a lot of ash. Kinda jealous. My dads woods would be a field by now if I took that much.

!? "BUT" or "IF", you can split say 2 cords a day by hand and not be sore and tire to do it everyday! this is the question as to the price/priceless tool called a splitter which can do 4 cords a day everyday with out being sore or tired!! that is with a willing helper to run the handle! which is the hard part that some people find hard to do even at $8.00 to $12.00 an hour....?lol

Not my style to have any helpin hands. Can cut, pull, buck and then split a cord in no time. Why bother with tryin to find a decent helper? Plus a good splitter is 1500 bucks. Rather have the money go towards skidder, fuel, saws or the Budweiser I need after splitting it all by hand :)

Looking real good man! I agree on the ash. My favs for splitting are in order, ash, tulip poplar, and full forest grown straight red oak.

Not to mention I'm not really in the "firewood" business. Usually it goes out the door in tree length. But with this crazy winter and the fact the snow made it hard to log big stuff, I said screw it and sold split and deliv. Gotta admit I do like the " cash" aspect of firewood ;)

Ha! I love safety meetings :) lot I'm cuttin is only mile outside of Camden maine. It's REAL easy to slide into town for a safety meetin even if I'm by myself ;)

Back