Silence is Golden......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for sharing Stu. It's fun watching this story as it unfolds.

I've got a honkin Generac electric saw thats all yours. I don't mess with the electric saws but sometimes get a few when I do shop buy outs or whatever and they just sit in a big pile here. I bet it wouldn't cost too much to ship as it isn't as large as a gas saw.

Good luck and Nice Boards! Did you mention a solar kiln earlier somewhere?

retoocs555 said:
Thanks for sharing Stu. It's fun watching this story as it unfolds.

I've got a honkin Generac electric saw thats all yours. I don't mess with the electric saws but sometimes get a few when I do shop buy outs or whatever and they just sit in a big pile here. I bet it wouldn't cost too much to ship as it isn't as large as a gas saw.

Good luck and Nice Boards! Did you mention a solar kiln earlier somewhere?

Mighty nice of you to offer Scott, I wonder what the shipping would be?

I'm looking at a Makita that is 1300W and has a 40 cm bar (16") for about $80 on auction here.

Is Generac a brand?

I'll be building a solar kiln as the next project.

Cheers!

Stu in Tokyo said:
Mighty nice of you to offer Scott, I wonder what the shipping would be?

I'm looking at a Makita that is 1300W and has a 40 cm bar (16") for about $80 on auction here.

Is Generac a brand?

I'll be building a solar kiln as the next project.

Cheers!

Generac mostly makes industrial electrical equipment. Big into generators. This is the only electirc saw I've seen from them and it packs a punch for a 110volt saw.

I have a street legal CR250R:D

The KDX probably uses the same type of muffler, its probably heavier than my 038, steel and double walled, dito for the expansion chamber. All very quiet, but very heavy.

How the heck do you get a street legal CR250R....?

You must NOT live in California :D

The Black Hole muffler is from a CRM250, and yes, it was quiet, heavy and full of splooge, so I changed to the almost a quiet RMX trick aluminium muffler.

Cheers!

Stu in Tokyo said:
OK, sounds great, can you tell me how long the bar is?

Cheers!

I think there is a 14 or 16 on there now.

I was able to make out the info plate and it's a 13 amp saw. Is that big enough for you?

Hi Scott, that sounds like the same size as the one I'm looking at here, so I guess it would depend on the shipping.

Wait a minute, maybe it would not be so good, I just remembered (slap to the forehead) the power is not the same here, we run 100V with 50 hertz, you guys run 110V with 60 hertz. The saw would run, but it would be down on power.....

I think I should buy the one here.

Too bad, Oh well, thanks so VERY much for offering!

Cheers!

Stu in Tokyo said:
Wait a minute, maybe it would not be so good, I just remembered (slap to the forehead) the power is not the same here, we run 100V with 50 hertz, you guys run 110V with 60 hertz. The saw would run, but it would be down on power.....

I forgot about that. I should have known power would be different over there.

I just like to give my electric saws away to people that need 'em. I've never actually sold one.

Well, I wish I could take you up on the offer, but I don't see the point in paying to ship it over here and have it under preform.

I'm sure you could flog them on E-bay...?

Cheers!

Dang, Stu, I wish my 066 cut that fast...but that squeal would be real annoying :laugh:

Have to get me one of them chainsaw "Ter'-Bows"...makes it cut reeel fast like....:D

Stu instead of going through all of the trouble with makeing your saw quieter you should of told the old lady that the saw is actually a weapon and you are trying to defeat Godzilla.:laugh:

Back