Silky pole pruner, anyone tried them?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are many threads on them. Try searching 'Silky'.

They are the bomb. I have had an ARS and a Silky Hyauchi and the Silky is a great tool for the price. the blade is nearly indestructible. Very good investment.

Yeah they are great, but im talking about the pruner/lopper head on the hayauchi pole. They look like they havent been around long, called the silky Sintung.

I thought you downunder guys used Barnel; they make a pole pruner same size and it works well (but heavy).

I did not see the Sintung on display at isa trade show last month--you'd think they would be featuring it--looks very useful for precise reduction cuts!

I got my sintung (sp?) last week from baileys. W@ell made, kinda a pain to swap in and out, but not bad overall. I hope it just needs "broke in" but it seems a little sticky. One thing i am not sure I like is the ratchet mechanism. It works well enough, but I dont like HAVING to take 2-3-4 pulls on the cord to get the branch to release. In the first ratchet position it just doesent seem to have very good leverage. The pulls are easy, the mechanism is sount, but the ratchet mechanism, i think meant to make cutting large branches easier, slows you down too much for good efficiencey. I will keep mine, but i really feel it is better for a homeowner or lawn jockey than a production oriented arborist. I got the 2" model,, figuring it would be easier to get around many branches. The smaller model may be better in the lverage aspect.

I have been so pleased with all of my Silky products, I just had to get one. But I imagine that I will usually keep the saw blade on, I have gotten used to that and find it to be very fast. The Hayauchi has got to be one of the best investments I have ever made. Dollar for dollar, nothing makes more easy money than that saw and residential pruning. I would not reccomend being in the tree business without one, just my 2 cents.

I have been so pleased with all of my Silky products, I just had to get one. But I imagine that I will usually keep the saw blade on, I have gotten used to that and find it to be very fast. The Hayauchi has got to be one of the best investments I have ever made. Dollar for dollar, nothing makes more easy money than that saw and residential pruning. I would not reccomend being in the tree business without one, just my 2 cents.

I tried so many other pole saws before I got my Hayauchi, about four months ago. Yeah, I agree, it is a worthwhile investment. I have a Corona "Bull" pruner head, and on my fiberglass poles it does just fine. As I said, earlier, I would think that swapping the Sintung head out, each time, would get real old, real quick. In looking at the lever-pull on the Sintung, it looks very long, and I would not like to try and use it, from the ground, in heavy, brushy canopies.

http://www.silkystore.com/Catalog/S...804480ccd9f37fdf.e3eSc34OaxmTe34Pa38Ta38Rbxz0

Latest posts

Back