silver king stop leak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardy steve

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well My furnace has started leaking.It has been in service since 1987.I did buy it second hand dirt cheap and have been running year round going on five years. I cannot complain one bitits just a bummer.Its still running now.The leak isn't real bad as far as using a bunch of water,it's just making it hard to open door at times.Its like tar and drops big clinkers in ash pan.I seen this Silver King on line didn't know if anybody has tried.It is a SS Hardy.

Well talked to Hardy today. After talking with them ,they think it's not leaking.They think I'm running it to cold.I have aqua stat down to 160 my house heats just fine.I figured burn less wood and house water wouldn't be as hot.They said crank it back up to 175. So I did.It seems like its burning the mess out.Will see what happens in the next few days.The said if that didn't fix to try replacing blower.They think it's still a burning issue since inside fire box looks wet.And I'm not using any extra water from tank.

Latest posts

Back