Silver Streak Spur sprockets

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never even heard of 'em until I read your post. Prices on ebay seem competitive but not much in the way of reviews.
I'm pretty well sold on rims, though, just seems to be so much easier to swap bars with that system. The older I get the less work I want to do before I get down to the work...[-:

Never even heard of 'em until I read your post. Prices on ebay seem competitive but not much in the way of reviews.
I'm pretty well sold on rims, though, just seems to be so much easier to swap bars with that system. The older I get the less work I want to do before I get down to the work...[-:

I am sold on rims as well but I was looking for a sprocket for my Homelite Super XLAO and XL-902AM

I will ask in the Homelite forum as to what they use. I will not be using the XLAO much so a spur is just fine. I would like to get a rim sprocket for the 902.
Silver streak has a spur sprocket for theXLAO with bearing.

I may try one.

The Silver Streak name was bought up by Stens a few years ago, and they are selling Chinese crap under that name.

I never got a straight response from Oregon on how they lost that Trade Name, but they should have fired everyone responsible!

Its some of the same stuff that Carlton was involved with also. You can get chain by that name and is essentially Carlton brand.

No, Stens WAS dist. Carlton for a while, the Oregon bought Carlton, about the same time Stens emerged with the "Silver Streak" name....

Silver streak has nothing I'd call quality these days. They will work and they are attractively priced, but it just doesn't last. So if its seldom used and you don't want to invest in the good stuff for it, it'll do ya just fine.

Latest posts

Back