• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Simington 451 Square Grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Reaction score
It has a stand but I'd imagine it would be quite expensive to ship with the stand. Up to the buyer.

$600 plus shipping.

Have it listed for sale locally as well.

I don't know much about it other than it works when plugged in. It was last used about 8 years ago by a mechanic that liked it better than the standard Oregon grinders.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/tls/5740964917.html

Attachments

• 20160819_144334.jpg
    20160819_144334.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 175
  • 20160819_144343.jpg
    20160819_144343.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 199
  • 20160819_144353.jpg
    20160819_144353.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 172
Had several people message me trying to buy this when I made mention of it collecting dust. Now that I put it up for sale it's just crickets? o_O:laugh: New they are about $1000.

Had several people message me trying to buy this when I made mention of it collecting dust. Now that I put it up for sale it's just crickets? o_O:laugh: New they are about $1000.

Great machine, excellent condition. Not surprising your comment/observation. I have always said, "It takes money to buy whiskey".:innocent:

How different is this model from the 451C? It looks similar but has a smaller motor.

How different is this model from the 451C? It looks similar but has a smaller motor.
I'd have to see a pic of the arm to be sure, but the motor should be the only difference. There were 3-4 variations of the simington starting with a sand cast base with a 48 frame size motor. Then moving to a die-cast with the beer can motor with adjustable slide block on the arm. Then they went back to the 48 frame motors in die-cast with adjustable slide block.

This motor is about a beer can in size. I'm not sure the specs on it. I haven't tried to use it, just powered it on to make sure it worked. The old mechanic was into getting the most out of chains and like to square grind.
Myself I like to run semi chisel so I can cut "junk" and not sharpen haha.

Anyhow, it's sold pending funds. Going to a member on here.

I was positive we had a box of wheels for it, but it's been misplaced. (We've been doing a bunch of much needed cleaning the last few weeks)

Latest posts

Back