Simonized Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your running a Business,you don't give out the secrets of the trade!

The idea seems kinda silly to me...

Hello Bill , it's Steve , Steve Jobs , I'm going to change my Ipad to .......

I don't thing that conversation would happen , it would probably go like this ,

Hello Bill , it's Steve , We are so going to woop your butt with our ported Ipad !

Then the Chinese buy one , reverse engineer it and flood the market with cheap knock offs like this http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=157309&highlight=365 .

:cheers:

If your running a Business,you don't give out the secrets of the trade!

Why would he be expected to go to all the work to build a saw and then get on here and tell everyone exactly what he did? when he is in the Business of building saws? wouldn't that be counter-productive?

The idea seems kinda silly to me...

Just because I can work on, fix or paint a car, doesn't mean I want to or have the time to. Most people will not and are not interested in learning how to port a saw, and even fewer want to. My point? there will always be a market.

Business has done humankind a lot of good and a lot of harm. The printing press was the single greatest invention in all of mankind. Why? simple it was a easy way to share information others have gathered over generations. Now padding ones pocket book means more than sharing knowledge. The whole competitive aspect of any type of competition to me is just silly. I honestly don't see how or why people take pointless competition so seriously, but hay it's a free country. I guess.

Just to make myself clear. Simon I'm not referring to you or any one person, what you do or don't do is your prerogative .:)

Last edited:
It's almost impossible to copy anything from pictures. There's a point of not showing everything with a step by step instructions and the timing numbers. Showing the insides of a work saw I don't think is showing off too much. Showing the inside of race saw cylinder might not be a good idea.

For me, I just like seeing others work, and how good they do it. I have no intention of copying it, I also have no intention of buying a saw or having it ported from Simon or any other porter on here. I do my own and that's it, I have fun, and that's the only reason I do it, I heat my house with the wood I cut. I have shared pretty much everything I do with this site, because I know others enjoy seeing it, I could care less if someone wants to copy anything I do, probably wont get far copying me anyway! LOL

hmm i seem to remember a lot of chatter about someones solo that wouldnt cut it lol

Just because I can work on, fix or paint a car, doesn't mean I want to or have the time to. Most people will not and are not interested in learning how to port a saw, and even fewer want to. My point? there will always be a market.

Business has done humankind a lot of good and a lot of harm. The printing press was the single greatest invention in all of mankind. Why? simple it was a easy way to share information others have gathered over generations. Now padding ones pocket book means more than sharing knowledge. The whole competitive aspect of any type of competition to me is just silly. I honestly don't see how or why people take pointless competition so seriously, but hay it's a free country. I guess.

Just to make myself clear. Simon I'm not referring to you or any one person, what you do or don't do is your prerogative .:)

Then who are you referring to?

:msp_confused:

Are you guys for real??????

He's already stated He has built almost 1400 Saws in 7 years for Many REPEAT Customers,,,, Get it???????? He doesnt need to advertise!!!! do tha math,,, thats purty close to 200 saws a year any way u cut it....

Also Stated He only going to work on NEW saws from here!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMEZgCc52DU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Believe this is the same saw as above. Seems as though the working rpm of the Simonized saw sounds lower than other ported saws we've seen on AS. May be wrong on that, just doesnt sound like this one is turning 15-16k to make power. Impressive sounding saw none the less.
What tells you It is a Simonized Saw???

I must have missed it??? If You are right about it being Simonized,, This isnt a cookie cutter saw for taking to get togethers and might see three gallons of Mix a year for a weekend or two a year,,,,,,

These guys are using them day in day out,, almost everyday,, these are real work saws,,, not hobbiest toys

Get a freakin Grip!!!!!!

RR I haven't ran any of Simon's saws, but I know he has a good reputation with people in the know. The problem is many here don't know of him or his work, it will take time to get a following here, if you will, and yes videos do help.

In the comments section it says the saw is Simonized.

200 saws a year would mean a fellow can't spend all that much time on each one, that is reaching assembly line numbers. I think Simon said he turns the pistons in batches which would be a must. I'd also guess jigs for other parts of the work. Pretty impressive any way you look at it.

Mr. HE:cool:

Are you guys for real??????

He's already stated He has built almost 1400 Saws in 7 years for Many REPEAT Customers,,,, Get it???????? He doesnt need to advertise!!!! do tha math,,, thats purty close to 200 saws a year any way u cut it....

Also Stated He only going to work on NEW saws from here!!!!!!!!

What tells you It is a Simonized Saw???

I must have missed it??? If You are right about it being Simonized,, This isnt a cookie cutter saw for taking to get togethers and might see three gallons of Mix a year for a weekend or two a year,,,,,,

These guys are using them day in day out,, almost everyday,, these are real work saws,,, not hobbiest toys

Get a freakin Grip!!!!!!

That's the problem. We only hear what he says, without seeing any proof. With that many saws out there, you'd think someone would have run one. There is a simon 390 for sale not too far from me maybe I should buy it and see for my self, though I don't need another saw, and don't really want to spend $425 for a X-loggers saw.

That's the problem. We only hear what he says, without seeing any proof. With that many saws out there, you'd think someone would have run one. There is a simon 390 for sale not too far from me maybe I should buy it and see for my self, though I don't need another saw, and don't really want to spend $425 for a X-loggers saw.

I could use a 390!!! Lets go in halves on it and see what makes it tick LOLOLOL!!!

In the comments section it says the saw is Simonized.

Pretty impressive any way you look at it.

I stand corrected!!!
Yeah Your right,,, Sorry guys I lost my head!!!!!! Ha Imagine that,,,,

Last edited:
what does simonized mean exactly i run stihls? Not to familiar with huskys but those simonized ones sound pretty hot i want one? how i go about it?
davis1590 2 years ago

I sold my 066's last year, and swithced to husky. Simon is a power saw macanic, at a saw shop called C & L. IT is in Campbell river B.C. He changes the mufflers and bors out the piston. He also hops up stihls to. They are pretty good.

its a 390 simonized
tippin26 2 years ago

Quoted from youtube.

I'd like to know what it means to bore out a piston.

I could use a 390!!! Lets go in halves on it and see what makes it tick LOLOLOL!!!

I stand corrected!!!
Yeah Your right,,, Sorry guys I lost my head!!!!!! Ha Imagine that,,,,

I'm not sure if I should admit this but it took me a good five minutes to find where is said the saw was Simonized.:bang:

I have a logger friend in N. Idaho who owns such a saw. I don't recall the model, we were talking about it over coffee at McD's one morning. He knows nothing about building saws and I know this one was shipped to him, but don't know if it was new or used, he buys both. He also loves modded saws, runs them into the ground and buys another one. The CAD part of me is working to develope him as a source for dead saws.:ices_rofl:

Latest posts

Back