skid steer snow tracks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

since16

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone here had any experience with snow tracks on a full size skid steer. Are they terrible on lawns, streets, or wear too fast? My mini has straight horizontal bar tracks and grips like hell. I have heard the track full size skids don't do great on pushing snow. I need the track machine to help with lawn damage and the price is right. The snow track tread kinda looks like mud tires i dont know if they rip into yards hard and I should just get a reg pair, or some other tread style that works best.
The ones on there now gotta get replaced.

Thoughts appreciated.

Use a TR270 year round here. Works just fine for plowing snow. Gets around better over logs and what not than my S250 which is on wheels. About the only bad on the TR is that it rides rough. Run over a rock and it's not just one or two bumps like with wheels, it's 5 or 6 (going over each roller/wheel that holds the track in place). Sometimes a small rock feels like you just ran over a small car.

HAHA I know it rides rough. When my buddy first got this machine I took it out around the farm pushed some log piles its rough on a soft dirt road. I was thinking what does an old one with no ride control ride like! What style tracks do you have and how big of a pusher? I will b pushing a 10'er.

I just got a 257D to demo for a few days. We do a ton of snow removal and have always run tire machines. After talking with a lot of people it seems like the 2x7 series MTL's are awesome in the snow. I also like the ability to use it for other things in the summer on turf I can't take a tire machine on. It is a way better ride than the CTL's I have run. We are very impressed. Now to decide between a 257d or 277d!

thks for the replies. will kow this moth if i m gettig this mchie. lso pro uy other computer t the sme time. couple keys wet out dot seem like their comig ck. H h. dm i hope it goes thru i kow everuythig out the mchie it hs ever low prt t ll like ew coditio. chep eough i might uy the other oe he hs for sle.

Back