skidsteer grapple

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipkyss

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have been running a Implemax grapple since around 2003-2004. Its got some wear and tear. It has been an amazing attachment and I honestly can't even imagine doing tree work with out it. Recently decided it was time for a new one, and make this one the back up. That is when I realized they are apparently out of business? Every number I find does not work. I guess I was out of the loop. I am really lost as what to get now. I love how tight and compact the Implemax is. I can't find anything that compares. I don't care for the long hanging grapples and don't really have a need for hydro rotation. What else is out there?

Bradco brand, I just ordered a new one. The demolition version. Solid bottom, 2 independent clamps with 2 big tines each. $3500
I have had Bobcat brand and Deere, both sucked. Had a Bradco in the beginning and going back, ten ft tall and bullet proof.

Check out Loflin root grapples. I've got the 72" set, and my buddy has the 78". They've been extremely tough, and super versatile. Its probably the attachment I use the most, for feeding brush into the chipper, loading logs, ripping out briars, back dragging, pulling stumps, etc. I've demolished two mobile homes and some sheds with them, pushed my dump truck out of a sand hole, lifted storm damaged trees off houses, hoisted engine blocks, and once got to crush a junked boat. They really over-build them, I've been trying to destroy mine since I bought them in 2005, and they're still going strong. If I ever need to replace mine, I'm gonna check out the Loflin monster grapples.

http://www.loflinfabrication.com/rootgrapple/

Last edited:
Not interested in a grapple rack. Already have one. They have there place, but there no good when are trying to keep production up feeding a chipper. I am looking for a grapple just like my implemax. It's a hanging grapple, but very low profile with two tongs. I will try to find a picture.

Not interested in a grapple rack. Already have one. They have there place, but there no good when are trying to keep production up feeding a chipper. I am looking for a grapple just like my implemax. It's a hanging grapple, but very low profile with two tongs. I will try to find a picture.

Is this the one?

Implemax Grapple - YouTube

Yes. That is what I currently have. It doesn't have a rotor, but with the right movements of the machine you can control the rotation exactly how you want. I have recently tried a few other grapples and they have done nothing but aggravate me. I will build a duplicate of mine before I buy whats available.

Latest posts

Back