slab for counter top

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

371groundie

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
hey guys,

i dont usually read over here, let alone post, but a friend of mine submitted a special request.

she is located on the west coast in the land of tall skinny softwoods but wants a solid hardwood slab for a countertop. shes not worried about species as long as its realatively durable. (oak, maple hickory, ash, etc) would like to have dimentions in the 2-2.5" thick, 2.5-3ft wide, and 8ish feet long. knots and funky grain, etc is considered a beauty character not a flaw.

obviously it will take a hell of a sawmill to cut such a peice. i know somtimes you guys with chainsawmills will cut larger peices so i thought i would cast in the dark here and see what i could find.

if anyone has somthing like this, or knows where i could find it please PM me or reply here. she will be making a trip east later this month and would love to haul it back with her to save some shipping! thanks guys!

I live in the land of tall skinny softwoods and last winter I dealt with a solid white oak that was 9'8" dbh and 18' long, not a flaw in it structurally speaking. :biggrinbounce2:

Where abouts on the coast is she located?

Mr. HE:cool:

Back