• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Slant-fin 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

computeruser

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Alrighty, we are getting into the home stretch of me giving up the saw hobby. Here we have a nice slant fin 044. It starts, runs, oils, and idles as it should. I ran it a bit this past weekend and it did everything it is supposed to do. It has a new OEM DP cover on the muffler. Piston is clean and smooth when I ran my pinky finger over it, as shown in the pictures, but it is obviously not brand new. Compression is 155 on my gauge. This is a Mahle slant fin cylinder. I did not get my calipers out, but it looked to me that the starter and other screws are the smaller 4mm.

Optional Item #1: Available with a 20" GB Titanium that has seen maybe 15 tanks, and a loop of Oregon chain that has seen about the same.

Optional Item #2: I also have a clean starter housing with new pawls and retainer spring, as well as a new rope grommet (the thing that the rope goes through right before emerging from the starter housing). Good rope, standard non-elastostart handle.

We can do this a couple of different ways. This is my last Stihl so I don't really need to keep the bar around, but if you want PHO, that's fine, too. Since shipping has killed me on the last few saws I have sold to west coast buyers, I'm going to do this:
$535 shipped PHO east of the Mississippi
$555 shipped west of the Mississippi
$500 local pickup in East Lansing.

Bar and chain for +$30 to any location. Add the extra starter housing for +$15 to any location.

Not looking for trades at this time. Payment by PayPal Gift strongly preferred unless local pickup, in which case cash is preferred.

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_7287.JPG IMG_7288.JPG IMG_7289.JPG IMG_7290.JPG IMG_7291.JPG IMG_7293.JPG IMG_7294.JPG IMG_7295.JPG IMG_7296.JPG

Back