SLOW AS SNAIL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty snappy here about 20min before the start of the Stupor Bawl. I'm guessing it is just a server capacity problem.

Darin just posted on Facebook that he's trying to resolve the issues.

It would be nice if they would keep us informed somewhere other than facebook. Why not post something right here on A.S. since the site does appear to at least function? Why on earth would any administrator NOT want to keep all of his/her members in the loop?

Time for this site to invest in "P" series servers. "Z" series are a little out of their price range though. :rolleyes:
Either that or stacked x86 based servers. They're pretty cheap and versatile.

It would be nice if they would keep us informed somewhere other than facebook. Why not post something right here on A.S. since the site does appear to at least function? Why on earth would any administrator NOT want to keep all of his/her members in the loop?

Why would someone want to have 22 lines of signature in a post that has only one line?

Darin just posted on Facebook that he's trying to resolve the issues. After all this time it seems like they're still having trouble getting things to run right. Darin said that it might be necessary to close down the site while the fixes are being implemented. Here we go again.

Maybe if they'd fixed things right the first time at V-Bulletin instead of trying to cheap their way through the process we wouldn't be having the problems we're having now.

This is a great site and it's a shame that Darin doesn't care enough about it, and the members, to run it the way it should be run. I understand that to Darin this site is just a business and that he has very little personal involvement with it beyond making sure it turns a profit.
I wonder though if applying short term fixes to long term problems won't wind up biting him on the ass.

Howdy Gologit :)
Only time will tell. So far it ain't lookin' too good.

Why would someone want to have 22 lines of signature in a post that has only one line?

That's just the way it worked out. My sig has actually been a pretty good conversation starter (which I have enjoyed many times over), and it's still shorter than some of the others on here. All in all, I'm happy with it and have no intentions of changing it.

This site has got really slow here in NZ, to the point of timing out more times than not. Its a pain as I often used to look through old threads to learn stuff...now maybe one attempt in 4 will work. Pity as its a great site, totally let down by this slowness, and dare I say it, horrible new look. Realize its been hacked etc, but has a long way to go yet, and I pray it gets back to the good old Arboristsite soon.

It was getting better this afternoon, but tonight there are more glitches for some reason.

I'd be nice if the Sponsor Ads were only on the Home Page, and not clutter up the rest of the Forum. The majority of the members hardly pay attention to them anyhow.
Still having Glitches this morning too.

Back