Smashed 3 wk old 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right! This'll be my first real job on a Dolmar.

The hardest part of a rebuild like that is usually cleaning all the crud from every little spot. Being the saw is like new it will be easy to clean. Actually its a real easy fix, nuttin to it......... Have fun. I'd have it done in a hour or so being that clean and all.

$40/hr is cheap, I'll have to send ya some work.....

Scott

I have seen worse damage done on the first cut, actually by a seasoned faller. He brought in a brand spankin new Partner 7000 and went about falling a 36" dia hemlock to prove to us the power of this saw and the top was tangled up with another tree behind it. He was in too big of a rush to use this new saw and did not look over the situation closely enough.
Notched to fall and started the back cut ,when he reached the hinge the tree had not started to lean away and he kept on sawing while he glanced up and the next thing he cut through enough of the hinge the tree jammed the bar. He realized he had gone too far and reached to switch off the saw but a blast of wind shook the tree tops and the tree started to twist around on the stump. It hauled that saw right in under the butt when the falling notch caught it and after a close to 180 degree turn under a two ton tree
the butt kicked off the stump with the saw still under it and smashed that saw into the forest floor after a drop of 16 -20 "inches it buried the saw out of site with only the bar tip showing.
The rest of us tried not to laugh too loudly but it was hard to stifle ones self at a time like this, Thank goodness no one was hurt and when we got back to work and cut the tree off the saw not even the almighty could resurrect that one. Wish I had a picture of that one but it happened back in the mid eighties and I seldom carried a camera back then. Pioneerguy600

I have seen worse damage done on the first cut, actually by a seasoned faller. He brought in a brand spankin new Partner 7000 and went about falling a 36" dia hemlock to prove to us the power of this saw and the top was tangled up with another tree behind it. He was in too big of a rush to use this new saw and did not look over the situation closely enough.
Notched to fall and started the back cut ,when he reached the hinge the tree had not started to lean away and he kept on sawing while he glanced up and the next thing he cut through enough of the hinge the tree jammed the bar. He realized he had gone too far and reached to switch off the saw but a blast of wind shook the tree tops and the tree started to twist around on the stump. It hauled that saw right in under the butt when the falling notch caught it and after a close to 180 degree turn under a two ton tree
the butt kicked off the stump with the saw still under it and smashed that saw into the forest floor after a drop of 16 -20 "inches it buried the saw out of site with only the bar tip showing.
The rest of us tried not to laugh too loudly but it was hard to stifle ones self at a time like this, Thank goodness no one was hurt and when we got back to work and cut the tree off the saw not even the almighty could resurrect that one. Wish I had a picture of that one but it happened back in the mid eighties and I seldom carried a camera back then. Pioneerguy600

:ices_rofl: Best saw story I've read yet!!! :clap:

This saw is 3 weeks old. Like the owner (logger) said, it was either him or the saw that was going to get beat up, and the saw is replaceable.
I'm afraid there's no repairing that arm on the clutch-side crankcase half.

sunday7-14005.jpg

sunday7-14002.jpg

sunday7-14003.jpg

sunday7-14004.jpg

sunday7-14006.jpg

sunday7-14013.jpg

Was the tree hurt???

Just like the old saying, "Haste makes waste!"

Was the tree hurt???

LOL!

Oh, this is a tragedy and I must sympathize. I dropped my ms 200 t on to a pile of brush on the street only about 5' and it bounced and hit the pavement. A new gas tank later I was out about 120.00$usd. That was about my most expensive lesson. I am sorry for your loss.

Latest posts

Back