Smashed my new saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marklambert61

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This weekend I desided to take down a few trees in front of my cabin. Three big oak trees so I got all my equipment together.
Skid Steer, Large Trailer, My new Husky 372XP
Took the trees down without issue even thou I had wires, road trafic and a building to contend with.

Then in the process of loading the trailler I ran over my new saw with the skidsteer!
Man will that mess up your day...Please becareful where you set youe saw when finished with it.

Mark

Oooooooh, that's terrible....and expensive. Sorry man, not a good day, the tail gate of a truck is a good place as well. Hurts me just thinking about this, I'm a Stihlhead, but I love those Husky xp's too.

I am sorry to hear about your saw. . . against your skidsteer it had a zero chance....my buddy backed over his 72cc saw with a ford explorer and ended up getting by with a new handle, filter cover and bar/chain. Hopefully your insurance will cover most if not all the replacement costs.

That's a tough break. I was cutting at a friends a couple weeks ago and ran over one of his lawn chairs with my truck. He was forgiving but I felt like a dope.

This weekend I desided to take down a few trees in front of my cabin. Three big oak trees so I got all my equipment together.
Skid Steer, Large Trailer, My new Husky 372XP
Took the trees down without issue even thou I had wires, road trafic and a building to contend with.

Then in the process of loading the trailler I ran over my new saw with the skidsteer!
Man will that mess up your day...Please becareful where you set youe saw when finished with it.

Mark

Some years back, I used to have a bad habit of sometimes leaving my saws in a front end loader bucket at the end of the day. I was just too tired and forgetful. One morning somebody else used the tractor to feed the cows, and he didn't notice my saws in the bucket. To make a long story short, two nice Huskys wound up in a cattle feed trough and got rained on. At least the cows didn't try to eat them. I spent a lot of time freeing up the rusted chains and cleaning my saws.

Well that sucks... But if you paid by credit card for it you might have insurance coverage. A friend of mine tipped over a brand new 80 gallon compressor and his cc bought him a new one.

I ran over my new 182T after only a month's use. I didn't feel too badly as it was sitting right next to my 361!! The 361 wasn't touched. Things I have run over since starting in 1976? My stainless thermos, my milk crate gas, oil, sundry box, Jugs of fuel and or gas or both together, long extension ladder, short extension ladder (both at same time :(), Maul handle - I am sure there are others.

Harry K

Ohhh man... I'd be sick inside to the point of tears.

Always set your saws next to something unmovable, a wall, stump, anything!
Yup‼
Honestly, I can't remember ever running over something I hadn't intended to... but, also, I near never set anything on the ground. The saw usually gets set on a log, stump, large cut round, the pile of rounds, or even the hood of a vehicle (never the open tailgate, I've seen to many forget and drive away). Two reasons... one is because I prefer to do as little bending over as possible, and second because dad taught me young to never, ever set anything I valued on the ground and step away from it (mowing machines, vehicles, animals or Ma' Nature will convert it into something of no value as soon as you turn your back). Also, never lean anything against a vehicle (such as a rake, shovel, ax, firearm, and whatnot) unless you lean it against the drivers door only‼

I think I would cry. I took out my deck railing spindles once with a hoe but I can't remember running anything over with the tractor. Those little 2x2 spindles didn't stand a chance against that hoe bucket. I had just put the railing on a couple weeks before too. It went right down the line breaking a bunch of them. Wife thought it was quite funny. I did not.

Had my Stihl 170 in the bucket of the tractor and bush hogging. That saw had no chance after a front and rear tire smashed it and the bush hog scattered it everywhere. Almost lost my 024, backed the truck right over it. Luck have it the bed was empty at the time. Only damage was a bent handle.

I've Yet to (knock on wood) run over anything of real value, but I did accidentally back a trailer over my Daughter's tricycle. I had parked the truck/trailer and while I was eating lunch she left it immediately in back of the trailer. For whatever reason I decided to back up, rather than pull forward...:mad: The better one (should have used the call B4 you dig) was when I severed my phone/internet cable twice with a mini track hoe, while digging out a sand box for the kids. The previous owner was incorrect about both the whereabouts AND depth of the line... Oh well.

To the OP: I feel for you. I've never owned a NEW 372, but if I did that to my Stumpbroke, I'd cry.

I was 8 years old and feeding hay with our new 2150 John Deere tractor; it was dark and I was going up a hill. The bale was on the 3 point hitch, but it was a bale that the strings were coming off of; it was coming apart.

Well, I was watching the bale rather than where I was going and ran right into the winch on my grandfather's D8.

Yeah, that sucked.
$2000.00 later, radiator, hood, lights, etc..

Latest posts

Back