Smell that wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thepheniox

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Yea so me and the gal were sitting there next to the wood shed having a nice cup of tea. I looked over at her and said man that wood smells good. Without missing a beat she says yea I really like that smell we should always have tea here. I said really?!? You smell it? Nice eh? She just shook her head no not really I just want to make you happy. What a gal!

i would have responded "thats not the wood hun its me ,and i need a shower badd" but i m glad you like the smell of hard work lol jk

I have some hickory sawdust/chips in my car from a week ago, and can't bear to vacuum the mess up. It smells pretty awesome.

Basswood is about the only wood that I notice with a strong smell. I don't often have it, but when I do the smell is very noticeable outside.

Explain this to me: why are you with your "gal" snorting firewood and drinking tea ? I'm perplexed. :love1:

In this part of the universe there are more productive activities that one could think about. :heart:

My wife keeps asking when is someone going to make a cologne that smells like wood smoke? She loves the smell of hedge when i come in from filling the wood furnace. She gets real close, takes a big sniff then we usually head to the bedroom.

rmotoman, It seems odd to me that the smell of woodsmoke would make you so sleepy.

there is something about hemlock that i love ,:msp_thumbup:the smell of it in the shed is nice.. but burning it is even better ,maybe the strong piney citrus smell reminds me of the holidays or maybe because im used to it from some of the local amish mills that use it for furniture, but in the fall i will take some well seasoned hemlock over the smell of cherry or maple anyday

I love oak the best, ash doesn't have much oder and I have lots of that (for now). Black locust is good too. You can tell basswood in a whiff, it's so unique - I kind of like it now. We're overrun with autumn olive, and sometimes they get big enough to cut - they've got a pretty nasty smell.

And then there was the time my dad and I cut up an old weeping willow - my God, that was awful.

But yeah, I like the smell out by the woodpile and of course when it burns. My wife can smell the wood, but mostly she love the smell when it's burning.

Latest posts

Back