>smile<

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zopi

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I picked up the mill today...impressive little thing.

Spent all evening putting it together, guess I will finish tomorrow.

Pics will be forthcoming...

But no pics of how I lifted the head onto the bed..let's just say there was creative engineering involved.

I want a forklift.

Installing a band for the first time sucks.

and the mill is the same color as my chainsaws.

I like that. :greenchainsaw:

Excellent, waiting for pics of this thing in action.

meee too, my friend.

stupid work. too bad you can't call in sick in the navy.

damn civilians I work with are always calling in deer hunting or striper
fishing. :angry2:

Congratulations, I can't imagine so post pics so I can live vicriously through you!! Ha I bet that suckers gonna cut nice. Can't wait to see!!

I picked up the mill today...impressive little thing.

Spent all evening putting it together, guess I will finish tomorrow.

Pics will be forthcoming...

But no pics of how I lifted the head onto the bed..let's just say there was creative engineering involved.

I want a forklift.

Installing a band for the first time sucks.

and the mill is the same color as my chainsaws.

I like that. :greenchainsaw:

Same colour as your chainsaw? Pink???

Civilians – hell, I was never happier when I got my DD214. Keep an eye on those pesky log stops. They like to jump up in front of the blade. It takes a while to get them trained. What is your game plan for your blades? I am assuming your running WM. Did you get a sharpener/setter or are you doing the mail thing?

Civilians – hell, I was never happier when I got my DD214. Keep an eye on those pesky log stops. They like to jump up in front of the blade. It takes a while to get them trained. What is your game plan for your blades? I am assuming your running WM. Did you get a sharpener/setter or are you doing the mail thing?

Ok..i'm a lifer...makin' chief will do that to you...

i'm using WM blades, ordered 15+1 that came with the mill...I'm gonna resharp and see how much sawing I do..if it comes down to paying for itself
i'll buy a sharpener and setter. I already do my chainsaw chains...

English boys, com'on.:D

DD214 is a form... official discharge papers they give you when you leave active service. I still have mine from 34 years ago. Many employers want to see it if you tell them you were in the military. Among other things, it includes the following:

Date and place of entry into active duty
Home address at time of entry
Date and place of release from active duty
Home address after separation
Last duty assignment and rank
Military job specialty
Military education
Decorations, medals, badges, citations, and campaign awards
Total creditable service
Foreign service credited
Separation information (type of separation, character of service, authority and reason for separation, separation and reenlistment eligibility codes)

But then... we're talkin' about zopi's new toy, so enough of this.

DD-214 is everyone's last ship....USS Backporch.

Well..I got the mill assembled and aligned..it's all pretty close from the
factory, but I had to fiddle with the levelers...pain in the butt.

I can see I will need a mill box to tote all the stuff to do alignments and adjust ments...stopped at sears and picked up a hoooge set of wrenches..needed a
1-5/16 for the feet...crescent hammer wasn't cutting it...south carolina speedwrench..

for those that doubt the rope/crank drive..my 7 year old girl cranks the mill up and down the tracks...

I have got to hand it to WM..the mill is damned stout..everything about it tough as nails...

I will be re routing the water hose though...I'm not reaching over the
bed to turn the water on and off all the time..I will plumb in a 3/8"
ball valve to control flow from the operators side.. and maybe a QD
close to the bottle..maybe not..I can't gripe about the design of the water system too much because everything else is so well designed...

tomorrow i will make dust...

I'm sorry zopi but I don't see the pics. :monkey: :hmm3grin2orange:

USS Backporch, wait I think my ship came in. :laugh:

My gf father was career Navy. My old man servered on the Jersey in Korea.

they are coming...I'm too damn tired to download/resize/upload....etc..i'll get 'em up so you guys can drool (or laugh) in a couple days...if i kwit sawin' long enuff...:givebeer:

here'tis..
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back