So, How Much You Burnt Since AS Got Hacked ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe a wheelbarrow full...it was 66* today.

Been burning off and on for a month.Temp. down to 14* a couple of mornings ago and in the 20's often.I'm guessing I've burned about a face cord or a little less.

Furnace has been fired steady for close to a month now... load it in the morning, in the evening, and sometimes top it off again just before sack-time (overnight prediction is mid-20's, so I'm sure I'll be toppin' it off before bed tonight).
Mostly walnut and elm with a few sticks of cherry, hackberry and whatnot mixed in... somewhere between ¼ and ½ cord I imagine.
I've only lit one fire though... always seems to be just enough coals laying on top of the grate to get it goin' again if'n I leave the ash drawer open for a few minutes.

not a whole lot but probably every other day about 5-6 splits. Been in the 30s at night and the house will get up to 75 degrees so i don't put any wood on at all the next day. Loving the new wood stove. Glad the site is back up!

Burn 24/7 probably 1/4 cord in the last 2 weeks. Have 6 cords stacked by the stove. 3 more still on the split pile. Having carpal tunnel surgery tomorrow so I'll be out of the mix for a while. So glad the site is back up for the recoup time!

10535134424_5c8244ab0d_c.jpg

Burn 24/7 probably 1/4 cord in the last 2 weeks. Have 6 cords stacked by the stove. 3 more still on the split pile. Having carpal tunnel surgery tomorrow so I'll be out of the mix for a while. So glad the site is back up for the recoup time!

Good luck on the surgery man! Do you have anyone you can tap to help get the last of it split/stacked/covered? You ain't gonna be doing much one handed.... Or maybe some members here close by can help? Little one day quickee GTG wouldn't hurt.

Been burning every day for about 3 weeks now. No full firebox of maple but there were a couple mix batches. Mostly need to keep the rainy damp cold out.

Good luck on the surgery man! Do you have anyone you can tap to help get the last of it split/stacked/covered? You ain't gonna be doing much one handed.... Or maybe some members here close by can help? Little one day quickee GTG wouldn't hurt.

Thanks Zog! I'm in good shape. Getting the other hand done in 2 weeks. Should be back in the woods by Christmas. Not too worried about covering. The OWB doesn't care if the wood is a little damp. I also better not go through 6 cords by then or I'm in BIG trouble!

Don't be, most states up here in the north aren't what they used to be as far as living goes. You Texans have as good a thing going as any state in the country, and to think that I actually moved down there for good, and I moved back up here. What was I thinking?

Last year sparked up Nov 22nd, this year Oct 18th..
Global Warming, I don't think so..

Global Warming!!??
Get your head out'a the clouds man.
The term "global warming" has been politically incorrect for well over two years now, it's been replaced with "global climate change"... which gives "them" the opportunity to claim anything ± of normal (which is 365 days a year) is caused by human activity.

Hey... when "global warming" didn't work out like they thought it would........ ?????

I probably only burned a small pallet load, I let it go out last night as it was going to be in the low 60's here today, I'm glad I did too. It's now 71 in the house and it hasn't had any wood since yesterday afternoon. Glad the site is back up and running.

I've only lit one fire though... always seems to be just enough coals laying on top of the grate to get it goin' again if'n I leave the ash drawer open for a few minutes.[/quote]
bet that makes yah mad!!!!!:D:Dive been used to that forever with mine.. once I start it,,it doesn't go out,,till warmth of spring!!!!

Back