So my STIHL dealer says...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't doubt that. My guy is the best kind of rep, he fixes everything and is a tightwad so when he is charging 60 bucks an hour he actually looks at his watch. But just to throw a liitle curve he stocks the 880.
We deal primarily with fallers. We don't stock the MS880 or Husq 3120. We sell them from time to time though.

$ 1100.00 bucks w / 32" bar + 8.25% tax no discounts unless you buy 2 pro saws at one time then 10% off. Of course thats in a place where $ 3000.00 is the going price to cut up a blow down & quad it up . Does not include haulin it away .

I wish we could sell more big saws, but selling 270's pays the bills.
Bit off subject but the dealer I use said he has only sold 3 3120 sence they came out. In fact he is considering dropping the Huskey line completly because of the cheap quality he is currently seeing on the new models. One moe reason to get the 660 . Hi :chainsaw:

Weird. We have sold one in 3 years. Just a 660 with smaller piston and cylinder. Same weight, less power.
I ad my two cent's here, The guy's I know that own them are not pro's, just firewood cutters like me that mainly heat with wood because it is cheap. But your trees are huge they are always in at least two feet of fir.So saving that money at the start was appealing to them they are not the type to look at specs or really think it out as the saw will last 20years! I know I am way over gunned cutting my small trees! and by the way my favorite White tale stick is a 375H&H lol!

My 660 with a 36 in bar was 925.95 including the 7 % tax.

He stocks the 650 also, but he says he's never sold one.
He sells alot of 460's and 660's.

I ad my two cent's here, The guy's I know that own them are not pro's, just firewood cutters like me that mainly heat with wood because it is cheap. But your trees are huge they are always in at least two feet of fir.So saving that money at the start was appealing to them they are not the type to look at specs or really think it out as the saw will last 20years! I know I am way over gunned cutting my small trees! and by the way my favorite White tale stick is a 375H&H lol!

You must be impervious to both weight and recoil.

Last edited:
The 650 is a good saw just lacks in power. My brother and i had to by them that time when you could not get a 660 for a while. But back to the original thred if my dealer ever told me something like that i would not go back there.

I ad my two cent's here, The guy's I know that own them are not pro's, just firewood cutters like me that mainly heat with wood because it is cheap. But your trees are huge they are always in at least two feet of fir.So saving that money at the start was appealing to them they are not the type to look at specs or really think it out as the saw will last 20years! I know I am way over gunned cutting my small trees! and by the way !my favorite White tale stick is a 375H&H lol

How big are those whiteys where you hunt anyway:confused: :confused:

New hunting technique!

Just sit up a tree stand over the deer trail, and wait for one to pass under you. Then, jump out of the tree, and grab his antlers and twist till you break his neck.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: That way you dont have to spend $$ on guns and ammo, saves more for saws:D:D

I'm gonna try to deer hunt with my old Red Ryder BB gun...Yup, a well placed shot into the deer's eyes will penetrate to his brain, dropping him instantly:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: Of course, I could be losing my mind:monkey:

I'm gonna try to deer hunt with my old Red Ryder BB gun...Yup, a well placed shot into the deer's eyes will penetrate to his brain, dropping him instantly:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: Of course, I could be losing my mind:monkey:

I think it is all that flouride those commies put in our water back in '46:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Just sit up a tree stand over the deer trail, and wait for one to pass under you. Then, jump out of the tree, and grab his antlers and twist till you break his neck.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: That way you dont have to spend $$ on guns and ammo, saves more for saws:D:D

maybe he just waits till they pass under the treestand and lets the 375H&H just fall on them... heavy enough to break a neck...:jawdrop:

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

:deadhorse:

7sleeper

Latest posts

Back