So question of the day did poulan ever make any good reliable chainsaws or weedeaters etc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also what was the biggest poulan ever made? Cause some of them saws look huge which I mean I do kinda dig those old big saws a bit
The 2 man Poulans were likely the biggest saws they made, the 2400 and the 5200 come to mind. Many of the sand cast Poulans were big and sort of heavy.

4000, 4200, 4400, 5200, Were all good saws, all run good, long lasting, counter vibe, the 4000 saw were around 13 # but with a bow bar the weight helped feed the saw into the cut without user having to exert much effort. I have the 4000, 4200,, 5200, all still run good, saws, are 43 years old, the only thing I have done is rebuilt the carburetors and general maintenance. the 4000 is 65cc with a bow bar and my saw of choice.

3.4A58

Didn't Poulan also make a lot of the Craftsman saws? My stepfather had a Craftsman that was a good saw back in the early '90s...
Poulan built the Craftsman saws at the same time they built the Counter Vibe saws back in the 70s and 80s, you could even inter change parts.

When did they transform into Poulan Pro?
Don't know exactly, bought one about 5 or 6 years ago and never used it much because it got stole out of the back of the truck one day but I can tell you it wasn't in the class of the Counter Vibe's, no where close. Keep a CS400 in the truck these days because they are dependable and light to handle.

This sparked a question. My brother-in-law gave me an almost new Poulan 3816 saw (38 cc, 16" bar). It is a piece of crap but it is light, so I plan to use it for light-duty TSI work, reserving my MS500i for heavier work. But the Poulan leaks bar oil all over the place. Any advice on how to fix that?

Only the mag cased saws made by actual poulan to me were the good ones to get made up till 2007 PP330 was last ones. If I recall the year right. Their later plastic stuff in strato is crap.

Some of the ones shown say poulan done by partner, pioneer and dolmar. Good saws too

330 poulan. 325 partner made poulan 415 425 445 475 505 partner made poulans. Then you got those pioneer made ones 405 445 655. Dolmar made in 5500 6000.
Hopefully I got old info close.

Attachments

• p330nos.jpg
    p330nos.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 0
  • p3255.JPG
    p3255.JPG
    328 KB · Views: 0
  • psawssssssss.jpg
    psawssssssss.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 0
This sparked a question. My brother-in-law gave me an almost new Poulan 3816 saw (38 cc, 16" bar). It is a piece of crap but it is light, so I plan to use it for light-duty TSI work, reserving my MS500i for heavier work. But the Poulan leaks bar oil all over the place. Any advice on how to fix that?
Tear it down look to see where the oil is coming from, the fix will then be quite obvious.

Few like my recommendations on those saws.

Back