So, the consensus on the MS210 is?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's try this again ;)

I have a 021 (MS210) and it is a great little saw, a little underpowered for dedicated fire woodcutting but perfect for trimming, limbing, and an occasional load of wood for deer camp. I think it would be an excellent choice for what you say you will need it for.

I've got a MS210...It's a good little saw..Mine has been used hard for the last three years or so,and it still runs like a champ........Quit worrying about what we think,just go get the damm saw.:rock:

I generally don't recommend brands. I won't here, either.

I do recommend sizes, though, and the starting point is 45cc. If you are looking at Husky, it is the 345. If you are looking at the Stihl, it is the 250. They weigh about the same as the smaller saws and have about half again the power. Big difference...B-I-G. Beyond that, the dealer's competence should make or break the deal.

I would still get the 210. More reliable, much better than the Husky, uh Poulan, uh Sears, Uh Lowe's, Uh Tractor Supply saw.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

BS.....:laugh: :laugh:;)

The 340 is a real, made in Sweden, Husky......:D

...and I am sure it will outcut the 210 with a notisable margin, and be more comfortable in the hands doing it.....

i have a 210, i love it and would definately recomend it, even though mine says 210, i have a 250 engine inside...haha works wonderful from liming to trimming, cutting brush, and does nicely on firewood up to a foot thick. Everyone i let use it loves it because of its awesome balance and power for its size.

I find the MS has lots of torque and lots of rpm, Which I just realized is a oxymoron. Sometimes in the tree the compression gets the best of ya when you put the cord. I find I use it on the ground alot, which i try not to do. Is the 088 worth the money?

between the two choices I would take the husky,nice little machine,the 350 would be a nice upgrade and if you are cutting "firewood" to heat with I would go at least a husky 350.

460 bars...

Okay, now that I've pulled the 460 out of my cousin's Ford truck, how do I mount the bar to it?

You will have to ask that guy up on the island in Washington with the Buick V8 engine hotsaw. My 460 came with the bar and wraps already on it. :biggrinbounce2:

Bought a 210 today!

I looked at the smaller Husky, Stihl, Dolmar and Echos. I posted on the forum about the 30cc range of saws. I avoided 'chainsaw drift' to get a larger 40cc
+ saw. So now have a Stihl MS210. I really wanted a 170 or 180, but came across a 210 for the same price. So I snapped it up. Better chain tensioner and a tad more power. I almost bought a Dolmar 401, but it has an outboard clutch. One feature that I really do not like on the Echo and baby Husky line of saws.

I bought the little 3916 off ebay for the hell of it and it has turned out to be a good little saw,use it for trimming out tops.
the saw is a rebadged efco 940,light and good power.
all long as efco doesn't bail out on the US market"I have heard rumors" I will keep it.
it has seen alot of use and hasn't needed anything,just cleaning it.

In comparing these 2 saws we have chance to explore a (to me ) disturbing trend by the 2 leaders in the saw business toward so called "cost efficient"
designs.Plastic chassis construction is employed for one reason only,to increase the profit of the saw manufacturers.This is what happens when bean counters influence design.So having indulged in my little rant ,lets move on.Having had both 025 and 345 saws on the bench recently I would have to say the Swedes have done a better job of executing the"plastisaw" concept,especially from a serviceability standpoint.The ms210 is simply the most difficult saw I have ever worked on in my many years of wrenching.Poor anti vib,and air filtration and the modular design make the Stihl less desirable than the Husky/Jonsered equivalents which offer a pro style 2 mass av system
and centrifugal air cleaning,both proven designs.However,I would probably give the edge to Stihl in terms of engine quality by a slight margin.So ,cutting performance being equal,I would go Swedish myself.(But not a "plastisaw"!)

Latest posts

Back