So what kind of Mill comes with a pair of Stihl 090AVs??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Definitive Dave

wanna-be saw racer, saw hoarder, parts whore
Reaction score
the voices in my head tell me to buy chainsaws
Why this one of course....a way cool ad from the wall of the Chainsaw shop I bought, just had to share. Reading the ad it came with your choice of one or two 090AVs, depending on which model you bought. Way cool!!!:chainsaw:

IMG_001_zps41bbc522.jpg

The rosewood looks pretty nice too!!
Dave

Very cool!!! Did this saw shop you bought have any NOS 440's hidden away on the shelves??

Nah they shut down as a retailer in the mid eighties and did vintage saw refurbishing till a few months ago. I would love to have another nice 440, probably my favorite saw.
Dave

My Stihl dealer was trying to sell me a nos 440 not very long ago (weeks, not years) but I didn't want flippies. If someone is hot for one, I could make a phone call to see if he still has any. Let me know.

Well If you don't mind checking..... I squished mine the other day, I'm gonna rebuild it as I can find parts, but I used it daily, I'm filling its void with an old 066 I have, but it just ain't the same, I'm SOOO use to the 440 in its element.
Not trying to hi-jack your thread, sorry!!

Dave, I tried to send a PM and every time I hit the send button it says can't send, message already sent. So, I don't know if I've sent you 10 messages or none went through LOL. Do you have time to look for individual items for folks?, Thanks, Joe.

Sperber Mill

Were there any other Sperber Mill Parts / Literature around? I picked up a Sperber Mill a couple years ago and would be interested in spare parts. I'll send a PM just in case.

I sold my Alaskan mill to a guy this spring. It had two 090G's and a 56 and 66 inch bars with helper handle if only one saw was to be used. Hard to stop I would.imagine.

Very cool!!! Did this saw shop you bought have any NOS 440's hidden away on the shelves??

Nah they shut down as a retailer in the mid eighties and did vintage saw refurbishing till a few months ago. I would love to have another nice 440, probably my favorite saw.
Dave

Went by my dealer on lunch today. He has a brand new 440 with 20" bar for $929.00. If interested PM me. He may be willing to deal. You can call him or I can. I will box it and ship it for you, you pay shipping. Let me know.

I actually went by a dealer today that I hate going to, as I needed a sprocket and some other oddities for my 660 and they were somewhat on the way to the timber. They had a 440 on the shelf for $929.00... talked him down to $849, with 20" bar and a couple chains (though they are RM chains)... He said he was glad to get rid of it since 440's are such hard saws to sell.... I'm thinking, OK - whatever you say!!!

Latest posts

Back