• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 281/288 project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Balaska

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Guys. Here is a 281/288 project. I have a brand new highway 288 cylinder and piston that comes with it including a brand new oem gasket kit and seals. It has an aftermarket top end in now20150401_180108.jpg 20150401_180117.jpg 20150401_180124.jpg and is missing a few cooling fins. I did fire it off of prime only. Bottom end is good. Only bad part is saw was repainted so I want that to be clear. First $300 plus the ride takes it. Thanks

I was at the saw shop a couple days ago and there was a customer's 288xp sitting there. Now for my dumb question, the rear portion of the top cover had a large raised area. Would that be for a special air filter, or do all 288's have that?

And yes OP, that IS a nice looking saw.

I was at the saw shop a couple days ago and there was a customer's 288xp sitting there. Now for my dumb question, the rear portion of the top cover had a large raised area. Would that be for a special air filter, or do all 288's have that?

And yes OP, that IS a nice looking saw.
Its a low top. No it has the standard filter.

I saw that and was going to ask to come. My wife is eight months pregnant so I'm not sure about committing. But would like to be there by all means.

I saw that and was going to ask to come. My wife is eight months pregnant so I'm not sure about committing. But would like to be there by all means.
Were you gonna ask me ??......................................... Or the wife ?? lol

You'd be more than welcome coming from my end........

Latest posts

Back