Solid nose bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firmwood

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
No one locally supplies them, and claim they're no longer being manufactured.

I find it hard to believe.

Can fellow arborists prove them wrong?

I need a few solid nose bars. I do a lot of nose cutting, and roller bars split or wear ridiculously.

Prefer Oregon

Sent from my S-Off'ed HTC One...

Our new 880 has a Duromatic hard nose bar on it... I know Cannon makes them too. What size and mount pattern do you need?

Many months ago I had an Oregon solid ordered, after a bunch of back and forth arguing that the saw doesn't have enough power to whip the chain around, I said I don't care about speed. Here's what I want. If you want my business make it happen on paper, no more words are required to be spoken. And he ordered it.

Now earlier this week he claims it's no longer available. I think he's just trying to push his wall stock that's collecting dust.

Sent from my S-Off'ed HTC One...

I have at least 10 at the shop husqvarna branded Oregon in D009 mount. Some .050 and .058

Oregon has a laminated and a solid hard nose bar. They changed the naming lately. Whether or not there is a problem actually getting them now I can not say but do recall seeing the solid one wandering around that Left coast supply web store. There are three nose radius codes I have the smaller one in the laminated and the medium in the solid which is something like laser plus but that is the old naming. It would not surprise me if one ordered the largest nose it might not come in.

Yup

DuraCut by Oregon

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

No 12 inch bars!

For a small echo cs 303t

Regardless thanks. Plenty of other bigger bars for the other Saws

Sounds like somebody cuts a whole heap of rail mortise plunge cuts in fence posts.
At least 25% of my cutting is with sprocket nose bar & that's in the hardest Australian species & I haven't bars splitting or wearing out, he probably has safety chain with bumper links which won't allow tip cutting.

At least 25% of my cutting is with sprocket nose bar & that's in the hardest Australian species & I haven't bars splitting or wearing out, he probably has safety chain with bumper links which won't allow tip cutting.

The Husqvarna X cut is considered a low kickback safety chain and I bore cut with it
6d5141f0643c7dc76cb02ed79ae59ff5.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Latest posts

Back