• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Solo 670 P&C, and maybe crankshaft

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curt Schoonmaker

Don't sell me your saw please
Reaction score
Bought an excellent looking 670 a few years ago. It ran, but I never cut with it. It was so clean and unblemished I kept it in a drawer most of the time. My other 670 started leaking oil from the crankcase gasket, so I took out my "new" one, clamped it in the mill, and cut about two feet before I heard bad noises. It didn't lock, but nearly. Muffler had metal shavings in it. It's bad. I never checked the piston when I bought it. Anyone got a used Solo 670 P&C somewhere. I'd take a crankshaft too if the price is right. I usually get parts direct from Solo since there's no dealers around here (Northern VA), but I didn't call them for a price I know will be too much for a new engine. I'd buy an aftermarket if I could find one. I've searched the usual sites. Nothing. Thank you. I'd even take a whole saw if the engine was fine. I love these things.

There's no aftermarket parts that I'm aware of. I too buy a lot of parts from Solo USA but the parts supply they have is drying up. I might be able to do the top end and crank as I have several Solo parts saws.

There's no aftermarket parts that I'm aware of. I too buy a lot of parts from Solo USA but the parts supply they have is drying up. I might be able to do the top end and crank as I have several Solo parts saws.
Now that I know somebody with some stock, I'll tear it down and see what I need completely. I was assuming crank based upon the horrible noise it was making, but I'll know for sure before too long. If you could think of a P&C price, let me know, and I'll complete the list by tomorrow. Thank you very much, and it's good to know you've got some spare stuff. All mine are running. Just got a 636 that's never been gassed or out of its box. It feels a little like a toy. I'm conflicted on whether or not to gas and run it. I probably won't. ebay'd it for $155 I think.

Although both my 670's "look" the same, there are slight differences. The most significant I see is that one has a single port muffler, the other has a dual. The burned up one has the single. Both look to be stock, but the parts manual I have only shows the single, not the dual. I'd rather have the dual. I don't know if this is true, but to me it seems that it would run a little cooler, and since I'm milling, I want all the "cool" I can get. It sounds better too. They're both "black top" saws. I should have it apart by tonight.

You probably don't need a crank- the Solo cranks from that era are tough. In fact, you may not need a cylinder either. Your existing cylinder may clean up.
I just spent the last 3 or 4 hours trying to tear down a Solo 611 single I ebayed for about $120. "Excellent conditon" "Runs great" blah, blah, blah. Scored P & C, clutch cover screw cracked in case (so you can't remove the clutch cover to change the sprocket or chain!!!), .050 chain in a .058 bar, and on and on. Plastic looks great! I so wanted this saw to be a winner. So, I still haven't taken apart my 670, but what do you think about this 611? Nobody I know has one, or has even seen one for that matter. I've been parts searching for two weeks before it arrived just in case, and have found nothing. I've asked the seller for a partial refund. What would you guess parts value to be? If it's $30, I'm happy. If I can fix it, I'm happier. Very little on this site about it, and all I could scratch was an IPL from Ray Benson. It's a pretty good looking saw but for being a paperweight.

I don't know anything about the 611s- I've never had one or worked on one.
Crank is fine. You weren't kidding. It's very hefty. Cylinder is scored on the exhaust side only, and enough to catch my nail. Piston same, with a chunk missing from the skirt. Put me down for one P & C please.

Ok- it'll be a while before I can check it out. I'm working full time and going to school full time and finals week for the term is coming up.
Is you graduated yet? My 670 is looking pathetic all torn apart and getting sawdust on it. Any time/luck finding your P & C?

I haven't had time yet. I'll get to it in the next few days.
Now, I need more parts in addition to the P & C. Bought another 670. Damaged beyond repair are the top and air filter covers. If you ever catch a break, I'd sure like to get the pieces you may have. Thanks.

There were some 670 covers on ebay, so hopefully you got in on some of those as I do not have any covers for the 670s. I did pull my powerhead the other day though and confirmed that the piston and cylinder are in decent condition.

There were some 670 covers on ebay, so hopefully you got in on some of those as I do not have any covers for the 670s. I did pull my powerhead the other day though and confirmed that the piston and cylinder are in decent condition.
I have a search alert in. Never saw them. I checked sold listings, and don't see them either. I'm only searching solo 670. Maybe I need to expand that.

Latest posts

Back