Solo Rex Restore

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey
Im trying to remove the clutch on my Rex. Is the clutch a reverse thread, or normal thread? Im going to try the pin/hammer method on the 4 holes once I know the proper direction to losen it up. Anyone have another suggested method to removing the clutch besides the pin/hammer method?
That is how I got mine off mate, pin punch and hammer, yes it is a reverse thread right to loosen it make sure you stop the crank for moving before try to take it off you should have no problems

Hey. So I started tinkering with my rex again. I managed to get the clutch off, and sorted out the fan issue which was just a little warped. I started taking the carb apart and noticed its missing the inlet needle and the diaphragms were assembled wrong which can explain why it was never starting when i would attach the fuel tank.
Anyone know where I can order a good carb kit for this HL80A carb that has the inlet needle included with the kit?
I did manage to get the saw to fire up with some starting fluid however though! they sound bad ass!

Hey. So I started tinkering with my rex again. I managed to get the clutch off, and sorted out the fan issue which was just a little warped. I started taking the carb apart and noticed its missing the inlet needle and the diaphragms were assembled wrong which can explain why it was never starting when i would attach the fuel tank.
Anyone know where I can order a good carb kit for this HL80A carb that has the inlet needle included with the kit?
I did manage to get the saw to fire up with some starting fluid however though! they sound bad ass!

The inlet needle is part of the repair kit. And the seat and welch plugs and gaskets and diaphragms and the lever. Lever spring won't be included.

I don't know which HL kit you need for that one. Tillotson info is sketchy for carbs that old. I have enough kits I can match them up visually. Unscrew the inlet needle seat and compare that. The important differences are the inlet needle and seat--I've encountered several combinations of those.

Latest posts

Back