Some new tools in my wood burning arsenal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirbuildalot

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My wife gave me the go-ahead to get what I want for Christmas...within reason. I decided I was going to get some new hand tools to add to my arsenal. I ordered 2 Husqvarna 12" log tongs, a 60" Logrite cant hook, a 36" Logrite pickeroon, and a Fiskars isocore 36" maul. The only one I haven't got yet is the cant hook which is on backorder. Normally, I get one decent item for Christmas. This year I decided to splurge and these tools should make wood burning chores easier and less back breaking. I think everything was around $300. I gather and process all my own wood, and burn 8ish cords a year. So I can justify the expense. I think I'm going to make a tool rack and box to hold all of my stuff on the side of my trailer for those deep woods cutting adventures.

Now for the real question...what does she want???

My wife gave me the go-ahead to get what I want for Christmas...within reason. I decided I was going to get some new hand tools to add to my arsenal. I ordered 2 Husqvarna 12" log tongs, a 60" Logrite cant hook, a 36" Logrite pickeroon, and a Fiskars isocore 36" maul. The only one I haven't got yet is the cant hook which is on backorder. Normally, I get one decent item for Christmas. This year I decided to splurge and these tools should make wood burning chores easier and less back breaking. I think everything was around $300. I gather and process all my own wood, and burn 8ish cords a year. So I can justify the expense. I think I'm going to make a tool rack and box to hold all of my stuff on the side of my trailer for those deep woods cutting adventures.

Now for the real question...what does she want???
She wants a ms261 c-m

A nightie with cute small chainsaws, little woodstacks and maybe a red tractor to cover the belly!

Congrats, sounds like a very happy Christmas. I love my logrite stuff. Sounds like you got a real keeper of a lady there too. :yes:

I used the fiskars maul for 15 minutes or so this afternoon. Split up maybe a dozen rounds of rock maple and red oak ranging from 10-16 inch diameter. The maul works pretty nicely. Doesn't feel overly heavy at all. Much more busting power than the x25 and x27. All single hit splits. I wish I had some bigger diameter rounds to try it on. Some pieces had knots and all are processed to 20" lengths

Latest posts

Back