Some of you are "Special"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Become one with the saw..." the more you use it the cleaner it gets and less gas it uses until one day... Slap! wake up, get out of the '70's Andy... Where are all those Richard Bach books anyhow?:help:

TreeCo said:
I stopped in my local dealer the other day and they couldn't get their 441 started.:laugh:

Now THAT right there is funny! :D

You gotta wonder how long those two are going to be :buttkick: each other over that. :D

TreeCo said:
I stopped in my local dealer the other day and they couldn't get their 441 started.:laugh:

It was pretty though.

I promise to be nice. I promise to be nice. I promise to be nice.

Where is this post

Here is the actual post...

Quote:
stopped by my dealers this morning. He gave me a call last night and said he got his first 441's in. His son and I go way back, swap saws, etc. Anyhow we took a brand new 441, and a 372 which he just put a brand new piston and cylinder on last night, other than that bone stock. He has a big pine test log out by the shop. We ran both saws side by side both had 20" bars and Stihl chain. The 372 would consistently walk away from the 441. It was not a huge margin however noticeable. My impressions of the saw were that it didn't really have much of a peak to the power. You were either in the power band of out of it. It didn't seem to peak out like the 372. It was silky smooth, the anti-vibe worked great. It feels like it centers all of the weight right under the hand on the handle bar. I knocked some limbs off the the log and the saw seemed to balance very well tossing it about. I guess if I had to sum it up it felt like a luxury sedan, and the 372 felt like a sports car. Just my opinion.

Ben I've looked and looked but I can't find this quote you put up, can you help me find it???

TreeCo said:
Thall it's on a site that can't be mentioned here. When you PM me a price on your saws like I requested...along with your phone number I will give you a call and let you in on the deal.

oh ok, Thanks Tree. I looked to see who wrote it for Ben never said who said it, I just curious.

I don't go to other sites Tree, I like this one only.

Tree you got the number to the shop, call me tomorrow, we'll talk saws!!!

Hired Gun said:
THall u lookin for me?

No Gun, not looking for anyone. I was just trying to find that quote on this site. Tree set me striaght. It came from another site which makes sense why I couldn't find it on this site.

I did notice and thought the quote was yours looking at what you said in this thread but I couldn't figure out where Ben got that one quote from. Now I know so all is cool. As for the quote itself I got no bones with it, it sorta says the some thoughts I have on the 441, super smooth.

Hired Gun said:
I want to give it another shot once it has some time on it. No bones about it. It's smooth as silk.

I agree Gun, its smoooth for sure. Speed wise its plenty fast enough for me. If its cutting close to the 372, the all time Husky favorite, I'd say for a EPA saw thats doing pretty good. Its no secret that it will pick up more power after some runtime so let us know the results when you try it again.

Gun that little cartoon is gruesome, yikes, makes me want to go to Atlanta,lol

TreeCo said:
Come on down Thall. I'll take you to my local Stihl dealer and you can help them get their 441 started.:laugh:

I believe that story about as much as 99% of everything else you say Tree. BTW I thought you was going to call me for some saw prices, haven't heard my phone ring Tree, whats up with that. Was you trying to get specail prices per PM with some agenda in mind, hmmmmm. Good try Tree, must admit,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

TreeCo said:
I hear you Rich. I wish my local dealer could get theirs started! I wanted to get some photos of the two of them pulling on it but they were camera shy.

Thats odd, mine starts itself. I look at it and say TreeCo and it goes grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr automaticly,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
stihlatit said:
Treeco that 441 wins again.......did you hear that Mr B, Walker.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Awwwwwwwww Arnie thats no way to be, should not rub it in. However since you did say it all I can say is was there ever any doult, users know more than readers. Awww shoot that wasn't right, I need to change that. Thinking here, hmmmmmmmm, naaaaaaa changed my mind, its fact so be it...

bwalker said:
I am reserving judgment ill I get my hands on one AND I talk to people I trust who have run one ona daily basis for several months.
All I am hearing so far is hot air.

Thall, I might give one a try, but ZI already have 3 372's than run smooth and will smoke it performance wise.
i aint proclaiming it king till I run it myself for a extended period(which you havent) or some credibal person other than dealer gives a report.
So far the reports I have heard from people without a vested interest are that its smooth, heavy and slow.

Since when are you reserving judgement Ben,lol

I havent judged it yet, are I woudnt be demoing one. Since 2 of my three 372's are modded I think its safe to say they will smoke it powerwise.;)
From what I understand a 441 has a hard time with a stock 372, although I dont know this for certain as its only based on two individuals statemants, none of which I know personaly. Further, there seems to be a few guys that think the 441 is faster. I dont know any of them either.
As I said I am reserving judgment till I get to run one, which will be in November hopefully.
I fell fot he hype on the 361 and was totaly underwelmed when I ran one stock.

Last edited:
bwalker said:
I havent judged it yet, are I woudnt be demoing one. Since 2 of my three 372's are modded I think its safe to say they will smoke it powerwise.;)
From what I understand a 441 has a hard time with a stock 372, although I dont know this for certain as its only based on two individuals statemants, none of which I know personaly. Further, there seems to be a few guys that think the 441 is faster. I dont know any of them either.
As I said I am reserving judgment till I get to run one, which will be in November hopefully.
I fell fot he hype on the 361 and was totaly underwelmed when I ran one stock.

Thats cool Ben, you check em out. I ran mine yesterday for several hours and my opinion hasn't changed any, I like it. You may not so its everyone to his own.

Seems as though it is all in your perception!!!

Some are a hard sell, some are not!!!

I know how the 441 feels to me.........great and pretty fast!!!

Good enuff for me!!!

Owning Dolmars, Huskys, Shindaiwas, Solos, Echos and Stihls I am hardly A Stihl Boy!!!. So I am not biased!

Guess I am an easy sell!!!;)

Back