• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Some sketchy old saws, local p/u only ma/nh border 01886

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcorey

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
First off, these are not mine and I’m not the one selling them or making anything here.
Just listing them as a favor to a local retired tree service guy I bought some other saws from.

He has/had a bunch of modern stuff that’s mostly been sold off now and these are just odds and ends he accumulated over the years. He knows very little about this particular pile, very resistant to putting any time into investigating model info or even seeing if they pull over, has little to no patience for dealing with any details about mechanical condition. Just wants them gone. I doubt there’s any way in hell he’d ship.
I will almost certainly be at Lee’s gtg this Sunday and could trundle a few down there. Figured someone might be able to swing by for some/all on the way to/from.

He doesn’t have much idea of value either, doesn’t necessarily want all the money but would obviously still like to get as much as he can, so more or less fishing at this point. For sure a wheeler/dealer.

I told him what I could, obviously big minus in $'s for not running, worse if unknown internal condition.
You know, Mini macs are worthless, the old AH47 Sears type stuff maybe $20-30, the Mac 200 might bring $50 if it fires up with a prime, the l65 might be worth $100 if running (not but he says that one ran when put away who knows when). Stuff like the 1MG’s I have no clue…
He’d obviously like to move the whole lot at once.
There's at least some nice bars&chains there, lol...

I only had about 10 minutes to take pics and poke at a few, if anyone has real interest I could likely get back there soon and check particular stuff out. I do have more specific pics of some of the pile if anyone needs some detail on a certain saw.

P1000560_zps533cb853.jpg

P1000538_zps1f23f7eb.jpg

P1000536_zps837cee90.jpg

I can give out his phone # but told him I’d screen just a bit and only hand it out by pm.

PS; the Olympic is gone, I went home with it, cad strikes again…
With a little effort turned out to be a good runner though.

Latest posts

Back