Some times you just gatta let go

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ralawler

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm going to retire my little poulan xxv. Carb won't stay adjusted, won't oil. Has enenyone got a suggestion on a good top handle lite weight saw. I'm looking at a lttle echo because of price. I sure made some money with the little poulan.

I had to retire mine too, the chain just wouldnt cut for #### for some reason

attachment.php

I think I might retire my Jred EMAB. Just last week it acted up and was running like crap, the bar is shot, the clutch springs won't disengage the drum at idle and the chain has had it, 1/4" chain is not easy to find. I do like that little saw and have made money with it as well.

My stihl dealer is p.o.ed at me. his words were who is going to fix it. You have all sthls why you wana change brands. The echo is 100 cheaper. But he does give good service and I do like my stihls. :greenchainsaw:

I'm going to retire my little poulan xxv. Carb won't stay adjusted, won't oil. Has enenyone got a suggestion on a good top handle lite weight saw. I'm looking at a lttle echo because of price. I sure made some money with the little poulan.

I just slapped one back together for a friends dad today. I was helping paint my brothers house until that showed up T.G. Quite a loud little B@$T@RD but it cut good.

They cut o.k., lite when you're in a tree, I was on a ladder trimming limbs. A limb I was working on curved around the tree and hit the foot of the ladder. I knew I was going down so I threw the saw. I didn't get hurt, picked the lttle saw up and went right back to work. Tuff little saws. Age takes it tole on everything I guess.

Stihl MS200T, you will never need another saw again. Light, very powerful and superb quality. You will be enjoying the quality long after the initial sting of the price.
Cheers, Simon.

Stihl MS200T, you will never need another saw again. Light, very powerful and superb quality. You will be enjoying the quality long after the initial sting of the price.
Cheers, Simon.

Does it have alot over the 192t? Dealer made me a price on one of those for 299.00.

I like the 192t, runs good for what it costs.
I don't like the Echo's, I think they feel "toyish" and I am afraid I am going to break the silly things. BUT I know guys that have run the ####ens out of them, other than lack of power, they sure seem to hold up well.
That little Redmax looks neat, but I can't tell you anymore than that!

The 200T is the BEST OF THE BEST!!!!!! I runs with a 50cc saw all day long, and is built like a tank, but you pay for it!

I think I might retire my Jred EMAB. Just last week it acted up and was running like crap, the bar is shot, the clutch springs won't disengage the drum at idle and the chain has had it, 1/4" chain is not easy to find. I do like that little saw and have made money with it as well.

Mine is a Jred 365, but it looks like it has had enough........:censored:

Really light, and all mag, but that's about it.......

Last edited:
LOL at huskyman

i remember when i trimed trees for living we had both the little poulin and little homeylite, i always prefered the poulin, till it quit. the homeys i would toss out of the tree if they wouldnt start, pi$$ed the boss off, but he shouldnt make me climb a tree with a saw that wouldnt start. personally i would look around and locate another green saw. a buddy i worked with back in the 80's still uses the same one he had back then.

Mine is a Jred 365, but it looks like it has had enough........:censored:

Really light, and all mag, but that's about it.......

Yeah my EMAB is feather lite. I can, and have used it one handed quite easily. I can't find anything modern that is nearly that small and light, the closest I have is my Homelite XL, which runs like crap too.

Latest posts

Back