somebody was tryin' to set me up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick62

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Okay, here is the story. I head for the wood cut. get there, and get started. both saws, chaps, muffs, etc. Okay. Fuel. I have both of the mini piggy's with me. Grab the one in the back of the truck. It's got fuel in it... Top off a saw, and it looks "weak" to me... Hmmm... Went and ran that tank out. Came back and get it ready to go again. This time with a empty tank. Poured the fuel in there... it is clear. WTF? This is peculiar. didn't smell like 100LL either. Regular gas. No oil. Unacceptable. Dumped it out. Get other piggy, and this has the right stuff in it. Back to work and lots of time to think about it. 3 more tanks later, and it is clear what happened. I am the only one that puts fuel into my piggy's. That isn't the problem, I did not screw it up. It rode around in the back of the truck for a few days with me. Somebody switched the fuel on me.

1st... I never run regular fuel in my saw. The smell is the first clue.
2nd... 100LL is blue to start with, and even more blue when I put the oil in it. Clear??
3rd... that jug should have been almost empty. where is the remaining fuel?? had to have been removed.

Now what to do. First, I will run with one piggy for now. and keep it elsewhere than in the truck. The other piggy is gonna get a special mix of about 1/2 reg gas and about 1/2 diesel fuel.

This is ticking me off a little. This was intentional. I was supposed to dump it in there and not notice that until I had damaged the saw. What sort of low life would do a thing like this to another persons fuel supply?

Seems peculiar enough, but it's my experience that people will do just about anything.

I lived next door to a crackhead once, and him and his buddy stole a can of gas off my deck in the middle of the night.

So a couple days later I set another 5-gallon can out there, but this one was about 75% acetone and the rest gas. It also disappeared in the night.
I noticed after that their car wasn't running anymore, and it never did run again.

Seems peculiar enough, but it's my experience that people will do just about anything.

I lived next door to a crackhead once, and him and his buddy stole a can of gas off my deck in the middle of the night.

So a couple days later I set another 5-gallon can out there, but this one was about 75% acetone and the rest gas. It also disappeared in the night.
I noticed after that their car wasn't running anymore, and it never did run again.
Well played.

We had a guy at work that used to brag about the mileage that his trucks got. He bought a new one and some guys cooked up a scheme. They asked how good was the mileage on his new truck. They then added gas to the tank for a couple of weeks. The owner bragged about having super incredible mileage. The other guys told him no way he got that much better than factory listed mileage and bet him that he couldn't prove the mileage. The bet was made except this time these same guys stole a bit of gas each night at work. Needless to say you can guess who lost the bet. They never told the braggart any different. The boasting did stop though.

Point is... maybe some is fooling with you. I would set them up but good.

I will see if the jug of "special stuff" comes up missing, and replaced with straight stuff again.
Special stuff is half a gallon of half diesel and half gas with about 1/2 ounce 2C added for color. Tossed some into the stove, it didn't even whoosh good.

never the less, I will check my jugs very well now.

:mad:

LOL!!! I don't feel so evil now. Crack head down the street swiped a cheap electric blower out of my carport. Neighbor told me she saw him with it when I went knocking on doors. Set a cheapo 2.5 gallon can out with about 6 packs of Skittles in it. Does much worse things than sugar alone. Car is still parked on the side of their house. Made it a point to ask one day about it and he rambled about all the things he tried to get it running again. I looked him straight in the eye and said, Hmmm maybe you borrowed some bad gas.:mad:

Did somebody just "borrow" the fuel and then returned it with the wrong stuff in it?

That was my hunch also. People that steal gas don't return any. Someone "borrowing" gas in this way would not have known to return it as 2 stroke.

Otherwise, the theory has to be that someone was trying to get you to toast your saws. If that's the case, you might have an idea of who it is.

:mad:

LOL!!! I don't feel so evil now. Crack head down the street swiped a cheap electric blower out of my carport. Neighbor told me she saw him with it when I went knocking on doors. Set a cheapo 2.5 gallon can out with about 6 packs of Skittles in it. Does much worse things than sugar alone. Car is still parked on the side of their house. Made it a point to ask one day about it and he rambled about all the things he tried to get it running again. I looked him straight in the eye and said, Hmmm maybe you borrowed some bad gas.:mad:
Mythbusters tried sugar in gas,didn't even slow down the motor.
They tried a bunch of different things in the gas with no luck,it wasn't till they put bleach in the oil that they were able to toast the motor.It was a carbed GM small block.
I have heard red lipstick is bad,but never tried it.

Latest posts

Back