somebody was tryin' to set me up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cattoon

cattoon

No good deed goes unpunished
I would recommend about 2 gal of antifreeze with about 1/2 gal of fuel, I know for a fact that the vehicle in question will go about 1 mile and that the tank will have to be dropped and fuel filters changed.

HuskStihl

HuskStihl

Chairin'em for the sound
I agree with the faction who thinks it was an uneducated borrower. My wife has borrowed my 32:1 mix for her mower when she's out of gas and replaced with 87 unleaded. I'm running bel ray currently which is easy to spot, fortunately.

It is possible a criminal mastermind wanted to have you score the piston. Maybe someone who runs a repair shop, but I've never heard of a mastermind knowing anything about saws

BDM53ENT

BDM53ENT

ArboristSite Operative
Mythbusters tried sugar in gas,didn't even slow down the motor.
They tried a bunch of different things in the gas with no luck,it wasn't till they put bleach in the oil that they were able to toast the motor.It was a carbed GM small block.
I have heard red lipstick is bad,but never tried it.
Grab a couple packs of skittles and try it, let me know how it works out for ya :) It will quickly clog the filter and shut the fuel system down. For someone thats not mechanically inclined like a crack head it is a long search of remove and replace trying to find something when the simplest thing as filter is usually over looked. Never seen it do actual damage to internal components. Im not that cruel or I would have poured gas on it and lit it.