Someone talk me into trading my new MS290 in for a MS260

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a lot more than weight. You can tear a 260 Pro apart and replace anything in it or on it in less than two hours; that includes pistons, cylinders, etc. It took me forever to tear down the 029/290 and rebuild the piston and rings. Plus you will need a special tool to get the piston and rings back in the cylinder, etc. A dummy can fix anything on a 260 Pro by just reading the book. Plus you are talking 'all metal' components versus a lot of plastic, etc. You will never regret buying the 260 Pro:cheers:

TZ,
Why does your 180 need a hard hat? Planning on dropping some limbs on it? Should i get one for mine? Is it the standard sized hat or do they make them sized for each model?
ok i'll stop now............:biggrinbounce2:

MotorSeven said:
TZ,
Why does your 180 need a hard hat? Planning on dropping some limbs on it? Should i get one for mine? Is it the standard sized hat or do they make them sized for each model?
ok i'll stop now............:biggrinbounce2:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

TenZero,
let us know what you think of your 260 pro. I am sure you will have good things to say also.

Har har! I bought the hardhat with face shield and ear muffs not only for chainsaw use but for when I am brushcutting also. I may look goofy while wearing it but it sure is cheap insurance, just in case.

I haven't cut a thing with the 260 yet but she sure starts much easier and is smoother feeling than the 290. I'm still waiting on my next load of wood before I can finally (patiently) test her out.

That hard hat with face guard will pay for itself in one season. I've had branches fall on me as well as gusts of wind blowing chips back in my face. And the noise protection is superb. Good purchase. A pro hat goes with a pro saw.

West Texas said:
Its a lot more than weight. You can tear a 260 Pro apart and replace anything in it or on it in less than two hours; that includes pistons, cylinders, etc. It took me forever to tear down the 029/290 and rebuild the piston and rings. Plus you will need a special tool to get the piston and rings back in the cylinder, etc. A dummy can fix anything on a 260 Pro by just reading the book. Plus you are talking 'all metal' components versus a lot of plastic, etc. You will never regret buying the 260 Pro:cheers:

Tex that ole 290 gave ya a fit didn't it but you gottter done, good job. I'm like you, a 026/260 is about a nice a saw as a man could want. No speed buggy but it just runs and runs and runs....................

This thread convinced me to undo my purchase of the MS290. MS260 pro is now in my shop. Tomorrow I will start her up for the first time. Thanks for helping to make sure the right saw was purchased.

Okay, ...you've had the MS260 for a few days now. Are you getting the urge for an MS361 yet? That MS260 will get lonely all by itself. :cheers:

Back