Something for you guys...Husqvarna's competition saw, the COBRA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthernX

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all,

I thought I have to share this with you. The shop where I purchased my 365 had a Husky saw I've never seen before in my life, and I was quite surprised. The guy who runs the shop said it's Husqvarna's official competition saw. It is built on the 372 chassis, but with lots of different parts, different muffler, 75cc cylinder etc...I don't remember everything he told me. The saw is said to have 6hp at only 6kg of weight, so it would be a bit lighter than a normal 372, but with a lot more power. He said that he had to persuade Husqvarna to let him sell this saw, because it doesn't meet the emission and noise level standards we have here, so it's probably not fully legal. But it was such a success, he already sold over 150, he said all the pros in his area go with it.
I'd really like to have this one, but it's quite expensive, and since I'm not a pro, I could convince myself that it is not yet time for me to get this beast. A normal 372 is about 900€ where I live(Austria) and this one was 1145€ including tax, so that's well beyond 1500$. It's much more expensive in Europe than in the US. I don't know if it's worth the extra money and efforts to get one shipped to the US, I think all the modded 372 here could keep up with it, but I still thought you might want to see this beauty.
I've never seen it anywhere on the internet, have you? Probably because it's not really for sale.

Hope you enjoy it.:cheers:

Cheers

View attachment 200808
View attachment 200809

I'm guessing that the weight reduction is from the Techlite bar. Looks like a lot more info than normal on that serial number tag. Does it say "for competition use only" or something like that on it?

Never heard of this before. At first I was thinking it's a dealer installed gimick to stir up some business. Add some stickers and a few parts and call it a special edition. A lot like car dealerships do here. But the tag does appear to have additional info on it from the pic......maybe it could be a "factory hotrod saw"

Last edited:
Now that is COOL as the other side of the pillow! Thank you for sharing. I bet it would sell like hotcakes in the U.S. , provided it could get by emissions. Man, that is awesome.

Google has no knowledge of this saw, nor photographs.

Definitely need to see the tag info.

Google has no knowledge of this saw, nor photographs.

Definitely need to see the tag info.

I went through about 5 pages on Google and didn't find any info for a 372XP Cobra.

My intuition says it's a creation of the dealer.

Plus one.

I wonder if any of our resident Husqvarna dealers have heard of and/or have any info on the Cobra?

Hmm over 150 sold and no google hits what soooooo ever. Something sounds really fishy here. Plus there are 63,500 members and this is the first we have heard of it. It might be real but I just don't believe it.

To the naysayers -- at least consider the serial tag. Looks like there's lot of #### written there. I'm not saying I'm not dubious, but, the tags do look different.

Then again, if the dealer created this himself well then, that's a pretty clever dealer.

He said that he had to persuade Husqvarna to let him sell this saw, because it doesn't meet the emission and noise level standards we have here, so it's probably not fully legal.

No way can I see this ever happening. It's probably a cheap after market BB kit and a jungle muffler, lol.

No way can I see this ever happening. It's probably a cheap after market BB kit and a jungle muffler, lol.

........aint nothin cheap about those Cobra stickers baby! I gotts to get me some of those now......:hmm3grin2orange:

A legible close up of the serial number plate details would be a dead give away as to the factory origins of the saw?

This reminds me of the tuned 75cc 372xps that Baileys sold some years ago. Those really were tuned rescue saws, that was fitted with "normal" cutting attachments etc.

Huskys most official competition saw changed from the 372 to the 576 a couple of years ago, that probably is the reason they do no longer dominate the WLC like they used to.......:D

I'm guessing that the weight reduction is from the Techlite bar. Looks like a lot more info than normal on that serial number tag. Does it say "for competition use only" or something like that on it?

No, bars are not part of the powerhead, that the saw weight is about.

Latest posts

Back