Something happened

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for you

Man that's a good story.Those things happen to people from time to time ,trouble is we don't here enough of them,so we think there's nothing but a bunch of self centred people out there.I thought there was a thread on AS about that sort of thing.If there is maybe someone could point it out to me.
Lawrence

The original owner, Don, of our local Husky shop is like that... One day he took a couple hours to show me how to hand file square full chisel.

Great post! :cheers:

My dealer (arse end of nowhere, second left for two miles, then the fourth right for 3) closes at 1PM.
I waited round to see if he was going to come back, the shop is part of the house.
Dog was loose, gate was open, so I wandered round the back in case he was splitting wood or working or something. Back door accidentally left unlocked, plasma screen TV left turned on... I just shouted "HELLO?" in the open door until I was sure nobody was there. Then closed it, locked it for him (with a "bump key", try a youtube search!) and left a note through the front door saying I'd give him a call on Monday. He was a bit confounded as to how I'd locked the back door without a key - next time I will show him and he will show me something new and different about saws. It pays to pay it forward.

Last edited:
Oh and in case anyone is wondering how easy it is to "bump" a lock open -
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NvLaq7Rf0Cc

Buy good locks, people, and deadlocks if you can. I lose my front door key all the time but I keep a set of bump keys hidden in the garage - One flick with my finger on the bump key and the lock is open (i've used it a lot of times, so I know exactly what to do with my own front door lock!).

My dealer (arse end of nowhere, second left for two miles, then the fourth right for 3) closes at 1PM.
I waited round to see if he was going to come back, the shop is part of the house.
Dog was loose, gate was open, so I wandered round the back in case he was splitting wood or working or something. Back door accidentally left unlocked, plasma screen TV left turned on... I just shouted "HELLO?" in the open door until I was sure nobody was there.

i was sure you were going to say you accidentally looted the place!:)

Just got a chance to read all the post:cheers: I think we all pretty much agree this type of thing is pretty rare and needed in todays society. I went and payed a visit to that gentlemen today and he had taken the bottle of Crown and displayed it on his shelf:clap: Bought some chains and bar oil and chatted for a while and left. Good guy I like him, I'll probably find a excuse to go in and visit as often as I can!! -dave-

Dr. Roudybush was our family dictor here. He made house calls without a problem. I remember well the night he wrecked his wives Cadilac on the way to see grandpa. The real kicker is I think his daughter is now dating my dad

Bill

So you're saying that your Dad is dating the dictor's daughter!!!
I'm sorry it's just ...........................

lab-rat, what were you doing wrong cutting the log on a stand in the back? and the right way he teached you?

It can't be any easier than taking a saw at WOT and bury it into the wood...

lab-rat, what were you doing wrong cutting the log on a stand in the back? and the right way he teached you?

It can't be any easier than taking a saw at WOT and bury it into the wood...
I was to flat footed for his taste and I have a tendency to lean to far over the cut....not sure why I do that! Most importantly he said I was pushing the chainsaw to hard in the wood.I guess I wasn't letting the saw do the job!!Does that kinda make sense? -dave-

I was to flat footed for his taste and I have a tendency to lean to far over the cut....not sure why I do that! Most importantly he said I was pushing the chainsaw to hard in the wood.I guess I wasn't letting the saw do the job!!Does that kinda make sense? -dave-

Okay, he took the time to teach you. But you took the time to learn. He obviously saw something in you that made him think you were worth the time and trouble. Your post, and the things you've said about the experience, confirms that.

Good on him. And good on you.

Okay, he took the time to teach you. But you took the time to learn. He obviously saw something in you that made him think you were worth the time and trouble. Your post, and the things you've said about the experience, confirms that.

Good on him. And good on you.
thanks!!! I most definitly paid attention! Asked a few questions but mostly listened. I think you guys would like him! Kinda reminds me of Gary(the way he posts) straight and to the point but with a sense of humor-dave-

Ah I see...just letting the weight of the saw do it's job?

And no it does not make sense why spend $60-100 for a 6 foot long HDMI cable where I can get them for $1.98 on amazon.com :p

Ah I see...just letting the weight of the saw do it's job?

And no it does not make sense why spend $60-100 for a 6 foot long HDMI cable where I can get them for $1.98 on amazon.com :p
Yep thats it's exactly;) As for the rest if its a good quality cable then works for me:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back