Something happened

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep thats it's exactly;) As for the rest if its a good quality cable then works for me:hmm3grin2orange:

It works good, no problems at all ;)

Read consumer reports and they ran the HDMI cable test and found NO difference at all in picture quailty....unless you want a fancy looking cable which comes at a cost...

It works good, no problems at all ;)

Read consumer reports and they ran the HDMI cable test and found NO difference at all in picture quailty....unless you want a fancy looking cable which comes at a cost...
I feel you but remember something CR is most definetly not the end all of end all (case in point CR rated the MIO gps as a CR best buy and 60% of those sold failed in the first year) -dave-

I feel you but remember something CR is most definetly not the end all of end all (case in point CR rated the MIO gps as a CR best buy and 60% of those sold failed in the first year) -dave-

I agree...it's a good starting point for me without buying a few things that do the same job to figure out which one works well.

What I don't get is CR rated the Samsung 37" LCD TV as the best, I haven't had much luck with Samsung brand....I had a Samsung computer screen and it crapped out on me within a week of using it.

I have a Philips 42" LCD for the living room and I like the feature that I can update the firmware by downloading it directly from Philips support page, install it on the flash drive, put it in the USB slot on the side of the TV and turn it on. It downloads and updates itself.

Do they make blu-ray recorders now?

Here is how it is done, listening and telling. I'll go out to work, I'm not a saw or cutting expert by any means. I'll do my work and might mention to somebody on how those bent over alders blocking a road split when I cut them. His eyes will get big, and he'll say, sit down on this log. Then he'll proceed to tell me nicely how I'm not following a safe procedure, usually followed by a story of somebody killed or seriously hurt, and then the safer way to do it. I'll usually repeat what I was told and then go out and try it when I run into the next alder. Now, multiply this by several different types of cuts you could do and work it out on that chunk of wood on a sawhorse, and you easily have 2 hours. I've learned a heck of a lot this way, and hope I've given some back too.

I agree...it's a good starting point for me without buying a few things that do the same job to figure out which one works well.

What I don't get is CR rated the Samsung 37" LCD TV as the best, I haven't had much luck with Samsung brand....I had a Samsung computer screen and it crapped out on me within a week of using it.

I have a Philips 42" LCD for the living room and I like the feature that I can update the firmware by downloading it directly from Philips support page, install it on the flash drive, put it in the USB slot on the side of the TV and turn it on. It downloads and updates itself.

Do they make blu-ray recorders now?
you are right it is a good starting point but most of there rating is heavily waited to price! Yes there are blueray recorders but stupid expensive right now -dave-

Here is how it is done, listening and telling. I'll go out to work, I'm not a saw or cutting expert by any means. I'll do my work and might mention to somebody on how those bent over alders blocking a road split when I cut them. His eyes will get big, and he'll say, sit down on this log. Then he'll proceed to tell me nicely how I'm not following a safe procedure, usually followed by a story of somebody killed or seriously hurt, and then the safer way to do it. I'll usually repeat what I was told and then go out and try it when I run into the next alder. Now, multiply this by several different types of cuts you could do and work it out on that chunk of wood on a sawhorse, and you easily have 2 hours. I've learned a heck of a lot this way, and hope I've given some back too.
That pretty much sums it up -dave-

Great story. Thanks for posting that.

Your story reminds me of a situation I had.
A few years ago, a contractor friend gave me a fried MS290 that had a "bad fuel day" (no oil) caused by one of his helpers grabbing the wrong fuel can.

I took it apart, did some googling on the project, and considered to convert it to MS390. Being new to the area, I took the basket of parts to a local Stihl shop for advice knowing I probably wouldn't be welcome business as I needed lots of help and advice which wouldn't lead up to a big sale. The manager of the Stihl shop looking at my mess of parts, laughed a little, and started to go over my options. After he spent an hour going over parts choices, prices, and detailed several needed upgrades I have not considered such as rejetting the carb, & 3/8" chain. While I was there, I met several of his obviously long term customers, for which shared their Stihl experiences. He even trusted me enough for me to borrow his sealant for the case. The time and effort from this man who helped me (as a total stranger) get this saw repaired/upgraded was overwhelming.

This man's name is Tom Hall.

A few years ago, a contractor friend gave me a fried MS290 that had a "bad fuel day" (no oil) caused by one of his helpers grabbing the wrong fuel can.

I took it apart, did some googling on the project, and considered to convert it to MS390. Being new to the area, I took the basket of parts to a local Stihl shop for advice knowing I probably wouldn't be welcome business as I needed lots of help and advice which wouldn't lead up to a big sale. The manager of the Stihl shop looking at my mess of parts, laughed a little, and started to go over my options. After he spent an hour going over parts choices, prices, and detailed several needed upgrades I have not considered such as rejetting the carb, & 3/8" chain. While I was there, I met several of his obviously long term customers, for which shared their Stihl experiences. He even trusted me enough for me to borrow his sealant for the case. The time and effort from this man who helped me (as a total stranger) get this saw repaired/upgraded was overwhelming.

Thanks Joe but I must confess. Ya wife called ahead and told me you was on the way. She said she'd bake me some cookies if I helped ya out,LOLOL

That saw was nothing. I was quite impressed you got that BR600 back together. When you left I thought hell he'll toss those box of parts. I was delighted you put it back together on your own, that took some doing on your part, :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks Joe but I must confess. Ya wife called ahead and told me you was on the way. She said she'd bake me some cookies if I helped ya out,LOLOL

That saw was nothing. I was quite impressed you got that BR600 back together. When you left I thought hell he'll toss those box of parts. I was delighted you put it back together on your own, that took some doing on your part, :cheers: :cheers:

That blower basketcase was a fun challenge. I have put many continuous hours on it since. The loctite fix for the intake valve guide is holding up well. Since this loctite is intended for valve seat repair, it's job keeping an intake valve guide in place should be easy.

See you later today, with cookies!!

Guys like that are rare these days. Keep him in Folgers and wife's cookies.LOL
PS. Don't ask him to sharpen your chain while you wait. and never bad mouth the King Elvis or Demi. LOL

Last edited:
That blower basketcase was a fun challenge. I have put many continuous hours on it since. The loctite fix for the intake valve guide is holding up well. Since this loctite is intended for valve seat repair, it's job keeping an intake valve guide in place should be easy.

See you later today, with cookies!!

I think that thing was in a 100 pieces when you took it outta here. Topping that they said that guide wouldn't hold, looks like you proved em wrong,:clap: :clap: :clap:

Someone say cookies, hmmmmmmmm let me see what kinda basket cases I got laying around,LOL

Guys like that are rare these days. Keep him in Folgers and wife's cookies.LOL
PS. Don't ask him to sharpen your chain while you wait. and never bad mouth the King Elvis or Demi. LOL

So true. The last feller that spoke ill of miss Demi is buried out behind the building,LOL

Back