Sooooo, I thought I would have enough... Then I ran out... Rant plus need advice.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about cut rounds about 16" long 16" across. Cut a year ago. Same as downed tree? Not dry? I ask because my neighbor has prolly 4 cords needing a Splitting. I'm happy do it, if the juice is worth the a squeeZe for me this year.

Again, depends on what it is, but most likely would still need some sort of time being stacked. Too many variables.

What about cut rounds about 16" long 16" across. Cut a year ago. Same as downed tree? Not dry? I ask because my neighbor has prolly 4 cords needing a Splitting. I'm happy do it, if the juice is worth the a squeeZe for me this year.
What species? Could range anywhere from seasoned to not a chance depending on what it is.

I burn a lot of cookies that result from chainsaw testing. (they range from 1/2" to 1" thick. Those will "season" in a week or two. As stated above, wood primarily dries from the ends so the shorter the wood, the faster it will season. Of course cookies are impossible to stack and are impractical from several standpoints but short wood does dry fast. Just something to consider if you get short of wood. I have a friend that has started burning wood chips in his wood stove. He has a tree service drop them on his property and usually they get used on his garden but he said they do burn great if you can keep them out of the rain. Poor man's pellet stove I guess.

i heat a 2500 sq foot 2 story log cabin with no insulation, in the mountains of east Tn, with only wood heat , i have 2 stoves and i have burned right at 8 cords of mixed hard and soft wood , i know a furnace and some insulation would make my life easier and warmer , and i would if i could afford to ...

As others noted thats an obnoxious amount to burn if it's hardwood,

It may be to others but I have burned roughly 4.5 since oct. Mix of oak, cherry, maple and beech. For reference my house is 1500, blown insulation in walls and r50 in the attic. I do have an old energy mate woodbox so that does contribute to my usage. I am on par with other years.

Latest posts

Back