Source for aftermarket track parts for carlton 8018?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOE

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I'm going through one side of my tracks on my 8018 I'd like to replace the drive sprockets and front ilder. I'm assuming these are parts common to other small rubber tracked equipment. Carlton prices are very high. Is there a source for aftermark components? Thanks

The tracks on my Vermeer are made by Bridgestone and thier part number and description is cast into the rubber just like a car tire. I merely typed those numbers into google and a number of suppliers came right up.

Thanks. I checked most of those sites. They have drive sprockets for about $40 less per but they have no info on carlton machines. as near as I can tell it's the same undercarriage as case and ditchwitch directional borers. The machine works well but I am playing catchup with neglect from the previous owner. I'm replacing the rear drive sprockets, front idler bearing and bearings in some of the idler wheels underneath. The tracks themselves have a lot of life left in them. Hopefully I will be caught up with maintainance for a while. Stump grinding is pretty slow right now, not to much going on in july and august around here. How are things going in MS? Have you been staying busy?

It's going ok. I just did $900 worth of stumps this last weekend. That helped the ole wallet.

Thanks for correcting me SBUSTA I am sure it was on Caterpillars site that I read they had involvment with Carlton. Maybee they assisted in the design.

I assume you've already sorted your issue but this may be help full to others

Caterpillar do the tracks on the Hurricane.

The bearings for the 8018 tracks are front idler bearing 6206RLO and bearings in the idler wheels underneath are 6204ROL The ROL isn't really to relevant original bearing are PEER brand.

To get the bearings off the front idler you need to punch out 2 roll pins. Mine were so seized I got them electoro eroded out & replaced them.

I am almost certain the 7015 tracks are identical to the 8018 so should be same bearings

Latest posts

Back