Southern California Fires...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canyonbc

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I know this thread is different...but Southern California is going through something unexplainable

Wondering how everyone is doing that is down here in San Diego...and southern california in general...

Down here in San Diego...is unexplainable...

How is every one else doing..

So many homes have gone, and many more will go...

Yup, its insane. Very similar to what happened four years ago.

Up here in Big Bear Lake we are fine so far - its dry and windy and the air is clear but just to our west in Green Valley Lake and Lake Arrowhead it's a totally different story.

Ahh...well hopefully it doesnt get that for you guys...

San Diego...is def. worse then what it was 4 years ago....started the same day...makes you wonder what fire bugs a-hole...started these bad boys (San Diego)...dont no about Los Angles..

i know they believe the witch fire in SD was a downed power line..but the others one i say human

JPS...

i think you might just be correct...

but there are so many whack jobs out there...i dont no if al quida is tied to this one...so many freaking whack jobs...and they are more then whack jobs...but you know what i mean

I give all involved with bringing the wildfires under control a huge kudos. Talk about fighting an uphill battle. The winds blow my mind never mind having embers and flames with them. Stay safe and Godspeed
Pete

Best of luck to all you guys in Cali. Just got home from the Sonoma coast yesterday. Wind was howling when I got to the airport in Sacramento. I can only imagine how the Santa Anna's are fanning the flames. Spent a week in San Diego/Carlsbad area last year. Beautiful place. Hope you guys weather this storm!

Ya...i know the one was a downed power line...the one near the border...dont no

There have been two small ones..started by teenage kids i here...

But ya i hope every body stays safe...i just keep getting calls from friends who house's have burned...Ceader took so many and now so many more.

New fire just broke out yesterday in the Santa Monica Mountains...20 minutes from my house!

love
nick

Near me we have the Grass Valley Fire is burning west of Lake Arrowhead. 138 homes have been lost in the west side of Lake Arrowhead.

The Slide Fire is burning near Green Valley Lake. At least 10 homes have been reported to have been lost there.

Both of those incidents are very Near Joe Sawyer I believe.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is a Google Map of some of the current fires: Map

I thought that conditions would have improved by now but it just keeps getting worse! The fire in Green Valley Lake is starting to make a hard run at Running Springs. They have shut down the power grid to most of the Running Springs area in anticipation of the running crown fire headed that way. They are also pulling all of the firefighting resources out of the northern portion of Green Valley Lake. That says a LOT.

Yikes.

I live just down the mountain from running springs. The smoke plume can be seen for miles,It's madness. Yesterday on the 15 fwy the wind there was so bad ,there were simi trucks laying around like a bunch of toys. We've been working wind damage down here, whole trees, rootballs and all, big branches being blown off across streets. I work several years as a seasonal firefighter years ago, but I can't imagine fighting fires in this wind. Those guys are heroes and have big balls being out there, my thought are with them. The wind suppose to die down today, lets hope they get a handle on it today.

Last edited:
Those fires are really insane, fuelled by crazy winds, it's like a firestorm. Ca hit the news two days already over here and it's very sad to see those home being burned. Hope everyone gets out safe. I am very sorry for those who lost their house and everything. Wish I could help ...

Here is the detailed one for San Diego County

http://www.signonsandiego.com/firemap/

Me and my family have been quite lucky with the fire...it came into 1/2 mile from my house....well because of Steele Canyon High School is a evacuation center and they couldnt get them out...they brought in over 300 fire fighters to stop it at the 94 highway. If it would have jumped the 94...Steele Canyon i dont believe would have burned but the hills around it would have...and then down near my neighborhood.

How is everyone else out there.

Countless number of my friends have lost there homes.

I dont know any of the details yet, but i just heard on the news that the cops shot and killed someone they caught starting a fire.
Good Work

Latest posts

Back