Southern California GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHEVYTOWN13

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Alright hometowns...pbtree, Mr Bow Saw, Bounty Hunter all replied they would be down for a GTG. I have a strong feeling HenryG would be down too.

Any others in Southern Cal game?

Banshee, don't worry bro, I'm sure there are modded saws up and down California:rock:

I figured Southern Cal was too far for everyone else. I was going to raffle 1 South West airline ticket (frequent miles) if anyone was interested, but I just found out this morning that we are down to our 2 emergency tickets, so that's a no go.

It's just in the works. But it would be cool if it did happen. I'm not sure if there has ever been a Southern Cal GTG:dunno:

And the freakish thing is that the 5 of us are within an hour and small change from each other.

you all should come up to the better half of california and cut where the big trees grow, i am about 7-8 hours from orange so a bit far from here, but maybe a nor cal GTG? i got plenty of wood to F*&K around in.

The good part of Cali! Whatchu talkin' bout Willis:pumpkin2:

I took a trip up North for the first time this summer and wood agree it's awesome. It is a loooooooooong drive either way. I passed by Randy Mac's town.

DSCF0446.jpg
DSCF0532.jpg

The ultimate GTG wood
DSCF0453.jpg

DSCF0475.jpg

On the way back down just north of Frisco. A well needed rest!!!!!
DSCF0544.jpg

Sounds like some fun Chevy. Think they would let you carry a chainsaw on the plane in the overheads??:)

That wood be some cool beans Frank!!

Just enough room for your 7900/5100:cheers:

I've seen pics of your 7900 milling in previous GTG's:clap:

but mam, i promise it isnt a weapon, unless someone tries to take over the plane.....:chainsaw:
looks like you were too close to the coast, the good people are inland

Oct sometime would be good, cooler temps, work is slowing down then too. Maybe pull a USFS permit and go cutting somewhere up by BH?

Sounds like a darn good plan Henry. Up by Bounty would be cool too. Some pine and Canyon Oak abound I'm sure.

A permit is cheap and we get to take some home too:clap:

It would be cool to have it in Los Padres:agree2:

Sounds like a darn good plan Henry. Up by Bounty would be cool too. Some pine and Canyon Oak abound I'm sure.

A permit is cheap and we get to take some home too:clap:

It would be cool to have it in Los Padres:agree2:

I like the permit idea as well...

Deer hunting last week in Oct, but toss around some dates and let's see what sticks... :cheers:

Have it in Feb. and you might get some of us sun starved PNWers. Except, like, we'd have to like, change our way of talking like dude. How close to Disneyworld? Do you have blocks to set up the Ford/Toyota yarder?

pb, Los Padres is a good place for "recreational activities." LOL!!!

For dates, I wonder if October wood work, only because of cutting restrictions/activity levels due to the Santa Ana winds. Bounty might be able to shed some light.

Hometowns from the North, by February, Los padres National Forest will be covered in snow. Our window is closing fast. October would be ideal. Awesome time of the year too up by Bounty's area.

It' just north of Los Angeles. About an hours drive depending on what part of L.A.

I'm sure bounty or Henry or pb can hook you up with some blocks:cheers:

Forget the kids rides, six flags will do you more justice!

pb, Los Padres is a good place for "recreational activities." LOL!!!

For dates, I wonder if October wood work, only because of cutting restrictions/activity levels due to the Santa Ana winds. Bounty might be able to shed some light.

Hometowns from the North, by February, Los padres National Forest will be covered in snow. Our window is closing fast. October would be ideal. Awesome time of the year too up by Bounty's area.

It' just north of Los Angeles. About an hours drive depending on what part of L.A.

I'm sure bounty or Henry or pb can hook you up with some blocks:cheers:

Forget the kids rides, six flags will do you more justice!

The LPF runs up to Carmel Valley. SoCal starts south of Santa Maria for me. Where do you want to hold the GTG. Is there any place left in Cali that hasn't burned?

Latest posts

Back