Southern Removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MS TreeMonkey

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just thought i'd send a few pics of a removal from earlier this week. I had a customer that was tired of having a bare dirt backyard and wanted a Pine and Mangnolia removed. The Magnolia had been butchered about 8-10 years ago as you can see from the pics - it was turned into a giant stick of broccoli! Sorry i didn't get any pics before starting the job - i had already removed 2 sides of the Magnolia before taking any pics.

The job was in fairly tight quarters with a house to the south, garage to the east, power lines to the north and some crepe myrtles to the west! You can see from the top of the pine the layout of the yard! The pine had a nice catface as you can see from the one pic, but was slick for over 65 feet. Ended up being right at 95 feet tall with a 26"dbh.

Yes - I know I left the stubs a little long, but there were several chains and wires in many of the crotches, so i just cut them long!
attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's a view of both with an idea of their proximity:

attachment.php

Main obstacle with the pine removal:
attachment.php

View from the top!!
attachment.php

Here's a few more for your viewing and critiquing pleasure!!
Catface
attachment.php

Another view from the top
attachment.php

and.......... another view from the top
attachment.php

The Magnolia took about 4 hrs to take down (lots of limb walking) and the pine took about 45 minutes to strip it out just leaving a 48 foot spar. I only lowered 1 limb on the pine - everything else was a directional or snap cut. (i'm sure i'm not using proper ISA lingo). :buttkick:

Oh and here's the last pic of me trying to start the saw before i lay down the spar!! haha:chainsaw:
attachment.php

i feel giddy every time i see a Magnolia come down.

i hate those messy bastards.

I will critique you

what is wrong with leaving stobs long. even a tree worker needs a place to staddle waiting on the ground crew to catch up...you saved a couple chains and a lot of headache..nothing to bit(h about there.

Latest posts

Back