Southwest Missouri charity cut, saturday the 2nd of Feb.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountainmandan

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So we talked about this with Hedgerow and Iowa in my slinging wood thread, and it is time to pull the trigger. We will be cutting on saturday the 2nd, the day before the superbowl. (go ahead and eat to your hearts content sunday, you will have earned it)

I have two venues in mind, and we will make a decision soon. First is my house, I am in southwest christian county outside of Spokane. I have the trees to donate, and the room, but we will have to shuttle the wood up a 4x4 road up the hill. and everything is steep.

The second venue is at a cemetery in Springfield. They have a lot of wood that was dumped by tree services out of the cemetery, and most of it is big. The drawback is it is all maple, and will be tough to split. They do have a lot and it is flat ground. But it is a good opportunity to use your big noodle saws.

So we will be at one of these two venues saturday, you are all welcome to come. I can not wait to meet you all.

Post if you are interested, and I will send a pm with directions and start time.

Thanks,

Dan

That would be a fun road trip but to short a notice for me . I hope you have a good turn out and take lots of pics.

Beefie

Let us know what site you select, and potentially what other equipment you'll need. Interested in meeting some of you guys, but I can't commit on the short notice just yet. Can you let us know more about the charity?

I am leaning towards my house, just because we have to have a small footprint in the cemetary.

There is no official charity, just a couple of elderly people who our church takes care of. It is not church related, but the church has the network in place to help people, so we will use that. I talked with our pastor, and he is working on seeing who will need the heat. If we do not have the people selected by this weekend, some of the guys a church will make sure every stick gets delivered to people in need.

As for equipment, just bring what you would normally bring for a firewood expedition. We could use a few ropes and blocks to skid logs up the hill, I have some, but not enough for everybody at once.

We are close to Branson, and they have very cheap rates for hotels in the winter. Or we are next to over 2000 acres of public land with developed campsites if you want to camp. Or you can camp on my land too. We could use a few ropes and blocks to skid logs up the hill, I have some, but not enough for everybody at once.

I will mark the trees to cut, so we can fall the trees. There are a couple of white oaks that fell down in the last storm too.

It will be a fun time.

Dan

I'll be there unless work calls me in for something! I changed the oil and put a new fuel filter and line on the splitter yesterday. Darn tree rats!

It is coming up.

We have a list of families longer than the wood supply will hold out.

I have plenty of trees to cut so come on out to my place guys, you are all welcome.

I was thinking of making a pot of chilli and a couple pans of cornbread, so we won't starve.

Dan

Can't make it. Wife is working and daughter is in volleyball tournament; and, I will have the 2 hooligans (her 5&8 year old brothers) with me. Good luck with helping the people that need it.

Last edited:
All,

I wont be able to make it either. I'm currently on medical leave and going through the healing process...will be for quite a while. I would like more information on these GTG's if anyone would like to take the time to pm me?

I might be willing to host one in the spring and run a fish fry concurrently or towards the end of the day...but again, dont know how these things operate or if that would be well received. I have 13 acres...mostly timber, and a buddy of mine who lives close by has several acres of hedge that he would like to have cleared.

I live on Truman reservoir and just minutes from Lake of the Ozarks...I'm an avid angler and have some of the best turkey hunting in the country...so might be able to help some folks with that too contingent on timing...

Respectfully,

Platoon Daddy

Platoon daddy,

I don't know how it works either. Someone suggested cutting wood for charity, and I thought hey we could do it at my place, so I talked to my wife, and we went from there.

We have some food, trees to fell and cut up, and some people who need wood. Mainly it has been Hedgerow and Iowa who got the ball rolling.

Some of the guys from our church will be there to deliver the wood.

So all you have to do is do it.

Dan

PS If you want to come and are not able to work, it would be nice to meet you and see your smiling face.

Little bit of short notice. Already have plans for this weekend. Dang it!!! Matt is top notch at firewood. Probably wont need anybody else anyway. Just sayin. Nice to see some Missouri boys on here. Hit me up fellas. Always in the mood for some saws and stuff.:clap:

Short notice for me too. Sorry guys. Maybe plan the next 1 a little farther out.

Don't forget the camera guys. I'll be up here working and wishing I was hitting the woods myself.

Back