Spalted Pecan on a St. Charles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDB777

I find unique timber and cut it up
Reaction score
Made a few pens this last week.....

Spalted Pecan Crosscut Crotch on a St. Charles component set in Gun Metal finish.

This is two different pens. Thanks for looking!

005-2.jpg

Scott B

I like the materials you can use. Plastics, woods and metals I am assuming. I always think about making them but I can't see a huge market for them. Unless I give them as gifts I would have hundreds of them laying about.

I do like the pics and styles.

Believe me when I say.....the market is there for them. If they are priced right for the area your selling?

Then again, I'm not trying to get rich by making these. This is a 'fun hobby' for me, not a business(I already have a job)....and I pretty sure it's supposed to be relaxing. When it becomes a stress to make 'em, I'll probably stop doing it!

Of all the photo's of pens above, the most expensive is $50(fountain pen), and those St. Charles twists are only $15(ballpoint), and those cartridge types are $25(ceramic rollerball)....of course shipping is extra if they need to be sent somewhere, but that isn't much. I can keep the costs of them reasonable due to getting my own wood(vs. having to purchase it, pay shipping)

Thanks for the kind words! It's appreciated!!!

Scott B

Back