Spark plug boot replacement?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan A

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I used the search function, YouTube etc. It stinks with photobucket pulling all old images after they started to charge $ to host.

Just put the end of the this wire off the boot through the wire lead off the coil? That's how it was when I removed it. Seems shotty to me....(first pic)

Would an automotive style with the crimp type ends down be preferred or am I'm over thinking it?(second pic)

Saw is a 272xp

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,010.9 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 22
I've always just poked pin into center of wire, making good metal contact. Then, worked boot on. A little lube inside boot where spring enters will ease sliding thru the bottleneck..

get a new spring end, take the wire and smear a little grease on it and push the wire through the small boot end, and out the big end.
Put the spring end in the wire, so it pierces the center wire, then pull the whole rig into the cap and into place.

did you just pull it off the end of the wire? the spring connector has been stretched and part way pulled through the wrong way in the boot. to remove those you pull the spring the plug way, remove spring and then pull wire through, reverse for install. you can fix what you have there quite easy.

Latest posts

Back