spark plugs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ported 394 won't hardly start and run unless there is a resistor plug in it. My local husky wrench turned me onto that and by golly he was right. I tried several various plugs I had kicking around, none of which was marked with an R, he suggested a resistor plug, I forget the number now, cheapo oregon branded, that did it.
Seems a champion is the best and hottest fire In my 394 and 395

Plugs costs a few bucks. Why mess around with junk? AS has some of the cheapest bastards on this planet. How does 1 plug cover all the different heat ranges? I always replace those E3 trash with NGK's.

I found two center electrodes loose and one with the porcelain loose in the body of Bosch. This is out of the many trashed turds I pick up.

On rebuilds I keep a Champ CJ7Y or NGK BPM7A on hand. Whichever comes to hand.

Anyone tried the raisman plugs?i have one in a saw but have only ran it a little bit.just wondering if anyone else had ran into any.

im only using one E3 and thats just in an old push mower at work thats getting ready to blow up.its been blowing smoke and rattling for 5 years now.:laugh: i shortened the governor spring a tad to get a little more speed.so far so good i think the E3 has fixed it enough to hold together.:laughing:

Last couple of new Stihl saws I bought had Bosch plugs in them but stamped made in China. Took them in and exchanged for NGK.

No China for me.
Based on that analogy, if you were to give your 'made in US/Germany' pro saw to your saw mechanic and asked him to remove any parts that were made in china, you would get quite a shock. While the saw may say made in Xxx, some of its internals have made in china stmped on them.....that's a fact.

Stopped using Champs years ago after a lot failing in cars and small engines . Yes Bosch made in China now unless you find some old stock (stupid move Bosch BTW, I hope your sales drop) NGK for now , Nippon/Denso is also a good Japan plug but not distributed well . Autolite would likely be still OK but haven't used any for years .

Latest posts

Back